Sign in with
Your question

Problem with detecting hard drive in install

Last response: in Windows 7
September 21, 2012 10:21:35 AM

the hard drive is detected in the bios but when installing windows it says that drivers are missing so i put the motherboard driver disc in like it says to but i don't which drivers to install =/
please help!

- thanks
September 21, 2012 11:56:05 AM

Specify your mainboard make and model.
m
l
September 21, 2012 4:03:53 PM

Msi

model Msi B75MA-E33
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2012 8:45:58 PM

Download Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver from here:
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B75MA-E33.html#/?div=Driv...
Unpack the package and put all the files from either:
WIN8\f6flpy-x64 (for 64 bit windows)
or
WIN8\f6flpy-x86 (for 32 bit windows)
on the usb drive, and during windows installation when it asks you where to install, choose load driver, browse to you usb drive and load the driver.
Then the installer should 'see' your hard drive.
m
l
September 22, 2012 1:38:44 AM

?can the hard drive sata cable be plugged in to the sata 3 port and the driver would still work
m
l
September 22, 2012 1:59:34 AM

zayzo said:
?can the hard drive sata cable be plugged in to the sata 3 port and the driver would still work

Hi,
In order to help, I need a little more information. What devices are installed?
m
l
September 22, 2012 2:01:39 AM

terry4536 said:
Hi,
In order to help, I need a little more information. What devices are installed?

- i3 3220
- msi b75ma-e33
- asus radeon 6850
- western digital caviar blue 500gb sata 3... also using the sata 3 on the board for the hard drive
m
l
September 22, 2012 2:10:46 AM

zayzo said:
- i3 3220
- msi b75ma-e33
- asus radeon 6850
- western digital caviar blue 500gb sata 3... also using the sata 3 on the board for the hard drive

Hi,
Go to the Western Digital site. Search for the drivers for that model & Win 7(I think you listed Win 7). Look specifically for instructions on writing zero's to the drive. It sounds like a formatting problem.
m
l
September 22, 2012 2:22:54 AM

terry4536 said:
Hi,
Go to the Western Digital site. Search for the drivers for that model & Win 7(I think you listed Win 7). Look specifically for instructions on writing zero's to the drive. It sounds like a formatting problem.

could you put that into dummy language please xD and there are no drivers for my model on there site.... =/
m
l
September 22, 2012 3:22:38 AM

zayzo said:
could you put that into dummy language please xD and there are no drivers for my model on there site.... =/

Hi,
I forgot to mention the title of that Western Digital link, "How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX".
m
l
September 22, 2012 3:33:37 AM

terry4536 said:
Hi,
I forgot to mention the title of that Western Digital link, "How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX".

- the problem is that this is a new build and this is the primary hard drive but i can't figure out which drivers to use as the ones on my disc apparently don't help...?
m
l
September 22, 2012 3:46:44 AM

zayzo said:
- the problem is that this is a new build and this is the primary hard drive but i can't figure out which drivers to use as the ones on my disc apparently don't help...?

Hi,
If you will go to your private message, I sent you the link for the exact WD driver you need.
m
l
September 22, 2012 3:53:07 AM

terry4536 said:
Hi,
If you will go to your private message, I sent you the link for the exact WD driver you need.

i tried that but when i was prompted with the "no devices found, need drivers" error i went to the usb and selected the folder but no drivers came up... wont be able to install windows if i cant do it... is it a problem with windows or just drivers...?
m
l
September 22, 2012 4:16:43 AM

zayzo said:
i tried that but when i was prompted with the "no devices found, need drivers" error i went to the usb and selected the folder but no drivers came up... wont be able to install windows if i cant do it... is it a problem with windows or just drivers...?

Hi,
In your Bios, have you selected ACHI?
m
l
September 22, 2012 4:31:21 AM

terry4536 said:
Hi,
In your Bios, have you selected ACHI?

yes, but does it matter if im in the sata 3 or sata 2? cause im in sata 3 right now

m
l
September 22, 2012 5:35:19 AM

zayzo said:
yes, but does it matter if im in the sata 3 or sata 2? cause im in sata 3 right now

Hi,
SATA 3 gb/s is SATA I. SATA 6gb/sa is SATA II. I believe that you indicated that you have a 3 gb/s SATA hard drive. Your "sata 3 gb/s" cable from your hard drive should be in the SATA I (3 gb/s)port on your motherboard.

Back to your motherboard drivers question,( the problem is that this is a new build and this is the primary hard drive but i can't figure out which drivers to use as the ones on my disc apparently don't help). If you are running into problems because you are trying to be selective, then it is not worth the problems. Just load all of the drivers on the manufactures disk.
m
l
September 22, 2012 10:14:37 AM

It doesn't matter what port it's connected to. They are all supported by B75 chipset.
Have you tried what I wrote about loading Intel Rapid Storage Driver?
m
l
!