Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

word document

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:47:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is it
possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!
--
muff

More about : word document

July 18, 2005 6:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

muffs110 wrote:

> i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is it
> possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
> backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!

Stop using the computer now until you try to recover the files. Deleted
files are not removed from the drive, just from the directory and their
space marked available for use. The more you use the computer the
greater the chance the files will be over written.

Check in the recovery bin to see if they are there and can be restored.
If not try these utilities:

http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

www.recovermyfiles.com

Executive Software “Undelete”:
http://www.execsoft.com/undelete/undelete.asp

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:32:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"muffs110" <muffs110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is
> it possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i
> didnt backup my files to floppy!

Try the "PC Inspector":
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Note that installing such software *prior* to an accident helps to avoid
that your files get overwritten when installing. If this was already the
case, you'll need professional help (and a lot of money):
www.ontrack.com

--
d-d
Related resources
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:37:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Stop all deletes, saves, scan disk (or chkdsk), defrag or anything that will
perform theses tasks, in other words practically all operations (almost).
Even surfing the web and logging on to news groups will do some of these
things. How much are these documents worth to you? If they are, and they're
not in the Recycle Bin, you may have to invest in an undelete or data
recovery program, like you'll find at http://www.r-tt.com/. I say if the
documents are of value to you since purchasing software or paying
professional ($$$) to do this may be your only option in retrieving your
files, there may not be a free way of doing things.

Keep in mind now how nature makes us feel pain and regret deeper and longer
due to our mistakes and poor judgements than, happiness and enjoyment
through our achievements, to teach us a lesson, it's survival. I know your
position to the power of 10. In future back up and then do it again on other
medium and as regular as required, that's the lesson.

- Winux P.


"muffs110" <muffs110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F9CA2404-4983-473F-A2D7-E8A6722E5FFF@microsoft.com...
>i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is it
> possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
> backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!
> --
> muff
July 19, 2005 7:37:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You seem to be human after all. :o ) However, nature is
releasing/refreshing as to its natural term. Mistakes and poor judgments
are a part of life and we grow from them.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
news:o x6KMQCjFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
> Stop all deletes, saves, scan disk (or chkdsk), defrag or anything that
> will perform theses tasks, in other words practically all operations
> (almost). Even surfing the web and logging on to news groups will do some
> of these things. How much are these documents worth to you? If they are,
> and they're not in the Recycle Bin, you may have to invest in an undelete
> or data recovery program, like you'll find at http://www.r-tt.com/. I say
> if the documents are of value to you since purchasing software or paying
> professional ($$$) to do this may be your only option in retrieving your
> files, there may not be a free way of doing things.
>
> Keep in mind now how nature makes us feel pain and regret deeper and
> longer due to our mistakes and poor judgements than, happiness and
> enjoyment through our achievements, to teach us a lesson, it's survival. I
> know your position to the power of 10. In future back up and then do it
> again on other medium and as regular as required, that's the lesson.
>
> - Winux P.
>
>
> "muffs110" <muffs110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F9CA2404-4983-473F-A2D7-E8A6722E5FFF@microsoft.com...
>>i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is it
>> possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
>> backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!
>> --
>> muff
>
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:51:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I had a flash back while responding to the post of my similar circumstance.
Data loss is not funny and neither is the falling tonne of bricks upon you
that comes from your peers when this happens. Fortunately I recovered it
all, and the pain of the mistake was nowhere near compensated by the joy of
recovery.

I am human, I just take vengeance against those who defend the fallacy of
EULA and product activation like zealots defending it as their own cause.

Good day to you Ms. Kelly.

- Winux P

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%235r6RcCjFHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You seem to be human after all. :o ) However, nature is
> releasing/refreshing as to its natural term. Mistakes and poor judgments
> are a part of life and we grow from them.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
>
>
> "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
> news:o x6KMQCjFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>
>> Stop all deletes, saves, scan disk (or chkdsk), defrag or anything that
>> will perform theses tasks, in other words practically all operations
>> (almost). Even surfing the web and logging on to news groups will do some
>> of these things. How much are these documents worth to you? If they are,
>> and they're not in the Recycle Bin, you may have to invest in an undelete
>> or data recovery program, like you'll find at http://www.r-tt.com/. I say
>> if the documents are of value to you since purchasing software or paying
>> professional ($$$) to do this may be your only option in retrieving your
>> files, there may not be a free way of doing things.
>>
>> Keep in mind now how nature makes us feel pain and regret deeper and
>> longer due to our mistakes and poor judgements than, happiness and
>> enjoyment through our achievements, to teach us a lesson, it's survival.
>> I know your position to the power of 10. In future back up and then do it
>> again on other medium and as regular as required, that's the lesson.
>>
>> - Winux P.
>>
>>
>> "muffs110" <muffs110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:F9CA2404-4983-473F-A2D7-E8A6722E5FFF@microsoft.com...
>>>i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is
>>>it
>>> possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
>>> backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!
>>> --
>>> muff
>>
>>
>
>
July 20, 2005 12:51:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

>I am human....

And so you are, glad to have noticed. :o )

> Good day to you Ms. Kelly.

Thank you and the same.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
news:o uZRRSLjFHA.2920@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
> I had a flash back while responding to the post of my similar
> circumstance. Data loss is not funny and neither is the falling tonne of
> bricks upon you that comes from your peers when this happens. Fortunately
> I recovered it all, and the pain of the mistake was nowhere near
> compensated by the joy of recovery.
>
> I am human, I just take vengeance against those who defend the fallacy of
> EULA and product activation like zealots defending it as their own cause.
>
> Good day to you Ms. Kelly.
>
> - Winux P
>
> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%235r6RcCjFHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> You seem to be human after all. :o ) However, nature is
>> releasing/refreshing as to its natural term. Mistakes and poor judgments
>> are a part of life and we grow from them.
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
>> news:o x6KMQCjFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> Stop all deletes, saves, scan disk (or chkdsk), defrag or anything that
>>> will perform theses tasks, in other words practically all operations
>>> (almost). Even surfing the web and logging on to news groups will do
>>> some of these things. How much are these documents worth to you? If they
>>> are, and they're not in the Recycle Bin, you may have to invest in an
>>> undelete or data recovery program, like you'll find at
>>> http://www.r-tt.com/. I say if the documents are of value to you since
>>> purchasing software or paying professional ($$$) to do this may be your
>>> only option in retrieving your files, there may not be a free way of
>>> doing things.
>>>
>>> Keep in mind now how nature makes us feel pain and regret deeper and
>>> longer due to our mistakes and poor judgements than, happiness and
>>> enjoyment through our achievements, to teach us a lesson, it's survival.
>>> I know your position to the power of 10. In future back up and then do
>>> it again on other medium and as regular as required, that's the lesson.
>>>
>>> - Winux P.
>>>
>>>
>>> "muffs110" <muffs110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:F9CA2404-4983-473F-A2D7-E8A6722E5FFF@microsoft.com...
>>>>i have deleted some word documents(totally unaware that i did so)and is
>>>>it
>>>> possible to retrieve them? i have tried all the searches and no i didnt
>>>> backup my files to floppy!! please help!!!!
>>>> --
>>>> muff
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
February 8, 2012 10:36:56 AM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
!