Solo Play

Howdy lurkers and good people,
Do any of you consider yourself a solo gamer on occation? Do you have home spun
rules or do you use something like two hour wargames?

Raygun1966
www.soldiersintime.com
4 answers Last reply
More about solo play
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    "Raygun1966" <raygun1966@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Howdy lurkers and good people,
    > Do any of you consider yourself a solo gamer on occation? Do you have home
    > spun
    > rules or do you use something like two hour wargames?

    I often play solo, mainly to try out new rules or to test scenarios or just
    to play with some new toys I've painted! I sometimes rope in my long
    suffering children to help.

    Don't usually use any special rules, just try to play each side in a
    sensible manner. Been doing this since I first started wargaming.

    Cheers
    Martin
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    "Martin Rapier" <m.rapier@shef.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<cmfg79$pdj$1@hermes.shef.ac.uk>...
    > "Raygun1966" <raygun1966@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Howdy lurkers and good people,
    > > Do any of you consider yourself a solo gamer on occation? Do you have home
    > > spun
    > > rules or do you use something like two hour wargames?
    >
    > I often play solo, mainly to try out new rules or to test scenarios or just
    > to play with some new toys I've painted! I sometimes rope in my long
    > suffering children to help.
    >
    > Don't usually use any special rules, just try to play each side in a
    > sensible manner. Been doing this since I first started wargaming.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Martin

    I've never tried playing miniatures solo, but did play wargames
    growing up solo. It was hard finding people who were eight years old
    and intersted in fighting battles of the Civil War with cardboard
    counters. Now take a bunch of plastic figures, sit them up, and a
    beebee gun, and then you had a ton of people (-:
    Kevin
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    "Kevin Lepley" <Klepley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I've never tried playing miniatures solo, but did play wargames
    > growing up solo. It was hard finding people who were eight years old
    > and intersted in fighting battles of the Civil War with cardboard
    > counters. Now take a bunch of plastic figures, sit them up, and a
    > beebee gun, and then you had a ton of people (-:

    Oh? Where did you get paper-and-cardboard wargames when you were 8 years
    old? And why did they interest you?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    "Irving Horowitz" <zippy@fuse.net> wrote in message news:<Ewekd.1049$yk5.1004@fe37.usenetserver.com>...
    > "Kevin Lepley" <Klepley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I've never tried playing miniatures solo, but did play wargames
    > > growing up solo. It was hard finding people who were eight years old
    > > and intersted in fighting battles of the Civil War with cardboard
    > > counters. Now take a bunch of plastic figures, sit them up, and a
    > > beebee gun, and then you had a ton of people (-:
    >
    > Oh? Where did you get paper-and-cardboard wargames when you were 8 years
    > old? And why did they interest you?

    My uncle had a huge Civil War and WWII interest, and he had quite a
    few wargame boardgames. To me, he was one of the coolest uncles I had
    growing up, as he seemed to know everything (he was one of those
    people that you never see without a book, and seemed to remember
    everything he ever read). I also spent most of my childhood at Fort
    McHenry in Baltimore, and the history just soaked into you when
    visiting the fort (makes me wonder why I don't do War of . 1812
    stuff?) I want to say SPI games, as that rings a bell, but I'm not
    sure. I just remember playing both the North and the South, and
    trying not to cheat (-:

Games Video Games