kenp

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

Hi, I hope all is well with you.

All of a sudden my IE started displaying an incomplete IE screen, then the
IE Send error report window. The details of the error message are as follows:

Error Signature
AppName = iexplore.exe AppVer = 6.0.2800.1106 ModName = windec32.dll
ModVer = 2.0.0.0 OffSet = 0000bd93

Exception Info
Code = 0x00000005 Flags = 0x00000000
Record = 0x00000........ Address = 0x0000000000e8bd93

I've done virus check and found none. I can ping yahoo.com but can't get a
web page to display regardless of whether I click the IE icon, type an
address in the RUN option. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

KP

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

KenP wrote:

> Hi, I hope all is well with you.
>
> All of a sudden my IE started displaying an incomplete IE screen, then the
> IE Send error report window. The details of the error message are as follows:
>
> Error Signature
> AppName = iexplore.exe AppVer = 6.0.2800.1106 ModName = windec32.dll
> ModVer = 2.0.0.0 OffSet = 0000bd93
>
> Exception Info
> Code = 0x00000005 Flags = 0x00000000
> Record = 0x00000........ Address = 0x0000000000e8bd93
>
> I've done virus check and found none. I can ping yahoo.com but can't get a
> web page to display regardless of whether I click the IE icon, type an
> address in the RUN option. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> KP

Windec32.dll is associated with malware. Note that just an AV program
is not sufficient. You need to run a variety of anti spyware tools
regularly as well. See these google links for info on cleaning this pest:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=windec32.dll&btnG=Search

Also here are some other links for dealing with malware:

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

You are too good to be a bottom poster. And to use a quote:
"I think bottom posting from the top is best". :eek:)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> KenP wrote:
>
>> Hi, I hope all is well with you.
>>
>> All of a sudden my IE started displaying an incomplete IE screen, then
>> the IE Send error report window. The details of the error message are as
>> follows:
>>
>> Error Signature
>> AppName = iexplore.exe AppVer = 6.0.2800.1106 ModName =
>> windec32.dll
>> ModVer = 2.0.0.0 OffSet = 0000bd93
>>
>> Exception Info
>> Code = 0x00000005 Flags = 0x00000000
>> Record = 0x00000........ Address = 0x0000000000e8bd93
>>
>> I've done virus check and found none. I can ping yahoo.com but can't get
>> a web page to display regardless of whether I click the IE icon, type an
>> address in the RUN option. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> KP
>>

> Windec32.dll is associated with malware. Note that just an AV program is
> not sufficient. You need to run a variety of anti spyware tools regularly
> as well. See these google links for info on cleaning this pest:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=windec32.dll&btnG=Search
>
> Also here are some other links for dealing with malware:
>
> THE PARASITE FIGHT
> Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>
> Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
> http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
>

> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Kelly wrote:

> You are too good to be a bottom poster. And to use a quote:
> "I think bottom posting from the top is best". :eek:)

lol....it's one of my many faults.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

Ah...there are more? :eek:)

--

> Kelly wrote:
>
>> You are too good to be a bottom poster. And to use a quote:
>> "I think bottom posting from the top is best". :eek:)
>>

> lol....it's one of my many faults.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Kelly wrote:

> Ah...there are more? :eek:)

haha...too many to enumerate for sure.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

<LOL> I have time. <w>

--

> Kelly wrote:
>
>> Ah...there are more? :eek:)
>>

> haha...too many to enumerate for sure.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Kelly wrote:
> <LOL> I have time. <w>

omg ... you have time? That's hard to believe.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User