Sign in with
Your question

Help Choosing Between HannsG 28" and Samsung 24"

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 26, 2008 2:40:10 AM

I wanted to buy a replacement HDTV, which I will do in the future, but in the meantime I have been looking at different monitors. Instead of going the cheaper 22" 1680x1050 route, I have decided to spend an extra couple hundred bucks and get a 1920x1080 model.

I have been looking at the HannsG HG281DPB(http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=125&Itemid=68) for a few days and it looks very good for the price. At only $499, I get true 1080p, HDMI/DVI/VGA, Audio in/out, and a 3ms repsonse time. The HannsG link above is one of the reviews it got, which have been great.

I was going to pretty much for sure buy the 28" HannsG, but the recently released Samsung 24" 2493HM(http://www.overclockersonline.net/?page=articles&num=1631&pnum=0) looks like it may give a little better performance at a slightly lower price, but at a reduced screensize. The other negative is that it sports 5ms vs the HannsG 3ms. The other positive it that it sports 10,000:1 contrast ratio.

I will also be hooking up my PS3 to the monitor, which is why I am deciding between models that have both HDMI and DVI.

Which way do you guys think I should go.
March 26, 2008 5:46:07 AM

Just my two cents but neither of those reviews was at a professional level. They didn't measure color gamut, color correctness, input lag, or ghosting.

If you just report the manufacturer's specs you're really just writing an advertisement, not a review.
March 31, 2008 6:22:48 AM

I did a Google for your query.If your budget suits the bill I would suggest that you opt for the new LG sports monitor.the LG M228WA is a must-see for any monitor enthusiast. Offering full 1080p support and 3000:1 contrast ratio, the slick looking monitor offers more than just looks. Besides the HDMI, the monitor features DVI, VGA, S-Video, RCA and USB inputs.

Here is the image of the suggested model.

For detailed reading click here.
April 10, 2008 12:06:41 AM

Bestbuy has the newer model (the 289 instead of the 281)on sale for $530 this week
!