Help Choosing Between HannsG 28" and Samsung 24"

I wanted to buy a replacement HDTV, which I will do in the future, but in the meantime I have been looking at different monitors. Instead of going the cheaper 22" 1680x1050 route, I have decided to spend an extra couple hundred bucks and get a 1920x1080 model.

I have been looking at the HannsG HG281DPB(http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=125&Itemid=68) for a few days and it looks very good for the price. At only $499, I get true 1080p, HDMI/DVI/VGA, Audio in/out, and a 3ms repsonse time. The HannsG link above is one of the reviews it got, which have been great.

I was going to pretty much for sure buy the 28" HannsG, but the recently released Samsung 24" 2493HM(http://www.overclockersonline.net/?page=articles&num=1631&pnum=0) looks like it may give a little better performance at a slightly lower price, but at a reduced screensize. The other negative is that it sports 5ms vs the HannsG 3ms. The other positive it that it sports 10,000:1 contrast ratio.

I will also be hooking up my PS3 to the monitor, which is why I am deciding between models that have both HDMI and DVI.

Which way do you guys think I should go.
3 answers Last reply
More about help choosing hannsg samsung
  1. Just my two cents but neither of those reviews was at a professional level. They didn't measure color gamut, color correctness, input lag, or ghosting.

If you just report the manufacturer's specs you're really just writing an advertisement, not a review.
  2. I did a Google for your query.If your budget suits the bill I would suggest that you opt for the new LG sports monitor.the LG M228WA is a must-see for any monitor enthusiast. Offering full 1080p support and 3000:1 contrast ratio, the slick looking monitor offers more than just looks. Besides the HDMI, the monitor features DVI, VGA, S-Video, RCA and USB inputs.

Here is the image of the suggested model.

For detailed reading click here.
  3. Bestbuy has the newer model (the 289 instead of the 281)on sale for $530 this week
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Peripherals