Sign in with
Your question

LG monitor that I've been looking at

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 26, 2008 8:16:29 PM

Well i've been looking to buy this monitor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

At $200 it's a pretty sweet deal imo. LG is a great brand, it has good specifications, but I'm new to looking into LCD monitors so I'm not an expert on it. I know that the response time is crucial for gaming especially FPS, and this is the fastest LCD i've seen at 2ms. It doesn't have a vertical adjustment on it though, so there might be viewing angle issues, and out of the reviews i've read they were almost all good, with one person saying that the veiwing angles on it really sucked, but the specs say it's got a 170 degree viewing angle for vertical and horizontal.

Plus i'm not the best on how resolutions work with LCDs. This one is only a 19", but i plan on having two of them side by side, so viewing resolution isn't necessarilly essential because i'll have extra room on the 2nd monitor. I do like running at 1600x1200 when i can though, but the only way for that is to go up to a 20" i think.

Anyways guys just let me know what you think asap, i'm planning on ordering something friday if not these.

More about : monitor

March 28, 2008 12:51:02 PM

Bump... just wanna see what you guys think about this before i buy...
March 28, 2008 3:19:45 PM

Most people care about viewing angle, but my question is how many people are going to look at the screen most of the time at the same time? And is the monitor located away from you when it's being used?
If you sit in front of the screen then and the only person using this monitor, then viewing angle is irrelevant.

So if the price is good, go get it.
Related resources
!