Computer wont startup

"WCFInvader" <WCFInvader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:63041F4A-68D1-40F3-8289-555FA8EF2C76@microsoft.com...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
> there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
> drive so someone please help me thanx

Can you not boot from your XP installation CD and use the recovery
console?, if no for whatever reason, then perhaps you can borrow a
CD from a colleague.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

I have allready tried that it will not read any CD

"Li'l Roberto" wrote:

> "WCFInvader" <WCFInvader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
> > there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
> > drive so someone please help me thanx
>
> Can you not boot from your XP installation CD and use the recovery
> console?, if no for whatever reason, then perhaps you can borrow a
> CD from a colleague.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto

An option would be to purchase a USB Floppy drive, as it looks like
your existing CD-ROM as gone south. But as you can't get into
windows to install the required drivers.....
I can only suggest you replace the CD-ROM drive.

rgds
Li'l Roberto