Computer wont startup

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
drive so someone please help me thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about computer wont startup

    "WCFInvader" <WCFInvader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
    > there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
    > drive so someone please help me thanx

    Can you not boot from your XP installation CD and use the recovery
    console?, if no for whatever reason, then perhaps you can borrow a
    CD from a colleague.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    I have allready tried that it will not read any CD

    "Li'l Roberto" wrote:

    > "WCFInvader" <WCFInvader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
    > > there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
    > > drive so someone please help me thanx
    >
    > Can you not boot from your XP installation CD and use the recovery
    > console?, if no for whatever reason, then perhaps you can borrow a
    > CD from a colleague.
    >
    > rgds
    > Li'l Roberto

    An option would be to purchase a USB Floppy drive, as it looks like
    your existing CD-ROM as gone south. But as you can't get into
    windows to install the required drivers.....
    I can only suggest you replace the CD-ROM drive.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    >I have allready tried that it will not read any CD
    >
    > "Li'l Roberto" wrote:
    >
    >> "WCFInvader" <WCFInvader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
    >> > there is the problem but I ahve a laptop that doesnt have a floppy disk
    >> > drive so someone please help me thanx
    >>
    >> Can you not boot from your XP installation CD and use the recovery
    >> console?, if no for whatever reason, then perhaps you can borrow a
    >> CD from a colleague.
    >>
    >> rgds
    >> Li'l Roberto

Laptops Floppy Disk Computers Microsoft Windows XP