starman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004

sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right one.
what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on uploading
the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
advice much appreciated.

I used Microsoft frontpage for creating my website
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Remember i had never used a web application
before when i created this site. If found frontpage easy to use. Okay not
many hosting sites use front page extensions but i haven't found them
necessary.
As for FTP uploading that couldn't have been simpler. All done from within
frontpage. A good site for webmasters is www.bravenet.com. You can also
create your own website using bravenet's own software and, if i remmber
correctly there are guides for web creation available on the site.
Unfortunately you can't upload websites created in frontpage to the Bravenet
webspace.
In the end it all depends what type of site you want to create. mine is
relatively simple and the more you add to the site the better you get at web
creation. As the old addage states 'practise makes perfect'

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
> one.
> what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
> uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
> uploading
> the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
> advice much appreciated.

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to say:

> sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
> one. what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website
> and uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
> uploading the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then
> on. any advice much appreciated.

The Net must be full of instructional pages on using ftp clients. Why don't
you google for the ftp client you're using and I'm sure you'll find plenty
of instructions dealing with uploading website files to your website.

The question of ftp'ing has to be one of the simplist and most elementary
topics as regards the whole question of building/maintaining websites. If
you are looking for a newsgroup and require assistance on being a webmaster
with your site, you'll probably find one based on the web server your site
uses. If you're going to be doing any server side scripting by way of PHP,
Perl or ASP for example, look for an appropriate newgroup dealing with
those languages.

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

starman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004

I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core FTP, so
all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved all my website
files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to upload using FTP.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> I used Microsoft frontpage for creating my website
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Remember i had never used a web
application
> before when i created this site. If found frontpage easy to use. Okay not
> many hosting sites use front page extensions but i haven't found them
> necessary.
> As for FTP uploading that couldn't have been simpler. All done from within
> frontpage. A good site for webmasters is www.bravenet.com. You can also
> create your own website using bravenet's own software and, if i remmber
> correctly there are guides for web creation available on the site.
> Unfortunately you can't upload websites created in frontpage to the
Bravenet
> webspace.
> In the end it all depends what type of site you want to create. mine is
> relatively simple and the more you add to the site the better you get at
web
> creation. As the old addage states 'practise makes perfect'
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>

> "Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
> > one.
> > what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
> > uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
> > uploading
> > the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
> > advice much appreciated.

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to say:

> I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core FTP, so
> all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved all my website
> files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to upload using FTP.

Then why don't you use the Core FTP support forum????

http://www.coreftp.com/forums/

--

NoStop wrote:
> After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to
> say:
>
>> I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core
>> FTP, so all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved
>> all my website files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to
>> upload using FTP.
>>
> Then why don't you use the Core FTP support forum????
>
> http://www.coreftp.com/forums/

You might want to check with you web host first. Most have some sort of
instructions on how to upload your files to their server.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Why not ftp with dreamweaver