website advice

sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right one.
what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on uploading
the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
advice much appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about website advice

    I used Microsoft frontpage for creating my website
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Remember i had never used a web application
    before when i created this site. If found frontpage easy to use. Okay not
    many hosting sites use front page extensions but i haven't found them
    necessary.
    As for FTP uploading that couldn't have been simpler. All done from within
    frontpage. A good site for webmasters is www.bravenet.com. You can also
    create your own website using bravenet's own software and, if i remmber
    correctly there are guides for web creation available on the site.
    Unfortunately you can't upload websites created in frontpage to the Bravenet
    webspace.
    In the end it all depends what type of site you want to create. mine is
    relatively simple and the more you add to the site the better you get at web
    creation. As the old addage states 'practise makes perfect'

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
    > one.
    > what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
    > uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
    > uploading
    > the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
    > advice much appreciated.

    After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to say:

    > sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
    > one. what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website
    > and uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
    > uploading the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then
    > on. any advice much appreciated.

    The Net must be full of instructional pages on using ftp clients. Why don't
    you google for the ftp client you're using and I'm sure you'll find plenty
    of instructions dealing with uploading website files to your website.

    The question of ftp'ing has to be one of the simplist and most elementary
    topics as regards the whole question of building/maintaining websites. If
    you are looking for a newsgroup and require assistance on being a webmaster
    with your site, you'll probably find one based on the web server your site
    uses. If you're going to be doing any server side scripting by way of PHP,
    Perl or ASP for example, look for an appropriate newgroup dealing with
    those languages.

    --
    Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
    Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

    I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core FTP, so
    all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved all my website
    files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to upload using FTP.

    "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > I used Microsoft frontpage for creating my website
    > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Remember i had never used a web
    application
    > before when i created this site. If found frontpage easy to use. Okay not
    > many hosting sites use front page extensions but i haven't found them
    > necessary.
    > As for FTP uploading that couldn't have been simpler. All done from within
    > frontpage. A good site for webmasters is www.bravenet.com. You can also
    > create your own website using bravenet's own software and, if i remmber
    > correctly there are guides for web creation available on the site.
    > Unfortunately you can't upload websites created in frontpage to the
    Bravenet
    > webspace.
    > In the end it all depends what type of site you want to create. mine is
    > relatively simple and the more you add to the site the better you get at
    web
    > creation. As the old addage states 'practise makes perfect'
    >
    > --
    > John Barnett MVP
    > Associate Expert
    > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >

    > "Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
    > > one.
    > > what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website and
    > > uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
    > > uploading
    > > the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
    > > advice much appreciated.

    After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to say:

    > I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core FTP, so
    > all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved all my website
    > files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to upload using FTP.

    Then why don't you use the Core FTP support forum????

    http://www.coreftp.com/forums/

    --

    NoStop wrote:
    > After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Starman had this to
    > say:
    >
    >> I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core
    >> FTP, so all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved
    >> all my website files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to
    >> upload using FTP.
    >>
    > Then why don't you use the Core FTP support forum????
    >
    > http://www.coreftp.com/forums/

    You might want to check with you web host first. Most have some sort of
    instructions on how to upload your files to their server.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Why not ftp with dreamweaver

    Belle

    --
    Belle's Creations ..... Hand made Items
    http://www.bellescreations.com/shop
    > I've created a website using Dreamweaver and have downloaded Core FTP, so
    > all I'm needing are instructions that tell me 1: I've saved all my website
    > files correctly on my disk/folder and 2: how to upload using FTP.
    >

    > "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    >> I used Microsoft frontpage for creating my website
    >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Remember i had never used a web
    > application
    >> before when i created this site. If found frontpage easy to use. Okay not
    >> many hosting sites use front page extensions but i haven't found them
    >> necessary.
    >> As for FTP uploading that couldn't have been simpler. All done from
    >> within
    >> frontpage. A good site for webmasters is www.bravenet.com. You can also
    >> create your own website using bravenet's own software and, if i remmber
    >> correctly there are guides for web creation available on the site.
    >> Unfortunately you can't upload websites created in frontpage to the
    > Bravenet
    >> webspace.
    >> In the end it all depends what type of site you want to create. mine is
    >> relatively simple and the more you add to the site the better you get at
    > web
    >> creation. As the old addage states 'practise makes perfect'
    >>
    >> --
    >> John Barnett MVP
    >> Associate Expert
    >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Starman" <iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > sorry this is posted in the wrong newsgroup but i can't find the right
    >> > one.
    >> > what i'm after is a newsgroup that discusses how to create a website
    >> > and
    >> > uploading it with a ftp client. i need step by step basic info on
    >> > uploading
    >> > the website files using ftp client and how to proceed from then on. any
    >> > advice much appreciated.

Newsgroup FTP Windows XP