Burning Photos to CD

In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
"Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
--
Lisa

I do not have that exact function either (Burn to CD).

But, because I have Roxio's "Drag to Disk" (part of CD-DVD Creator)
installed, I can right click on a photo, choose "send to" and then direct
the file to "drag to disk". The file will be copied to the CD in the tray.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select
> "copy
> files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> --
> Lisa

frodo

Well, I don't have that option either, what makes you think you should
have it?

pictures are just files, you can burn them to a cd like any other file.

if what you would like to do is make a special cd, one that will play a
slideshow of the pictures that it contains when inserted on someone's
machine, then what you need/want is the CD Slide Show Generator PowerToy:

check out the other powertoys too while you're there...

It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right click the drive, Properties, Recording.

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
> files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> --
> Lisa

Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However, Recording is already
Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still does not appear under
picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select photos I want to burn
to CD.
--
Lisa

"David Candy" wrote:

> It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right click the drive, Properties, Recording.

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
> > files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> > destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> > --
> > Lisa

It is "Copy to CD", not "Burn to CD". Sorry, I made a mistake. However, the
digital photo instructions listed at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/printit/archive.mspx

show the Picture Tasks options clearly having "Copy to CD" as an option. I
don't have this option and I was wondering why.

--
Lisa

"frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

> Well, I don't have that option either, what makes you think you should
> have it?
>
> pictures are just files, you can burn them to a cd like any other file.
>
> if what you would like to do is make a special cd, one that will play a
> slideshow of the pictures that it contains when inserted on someone's
> machine, then what you need/want is the CD Slide Show Generator PowerToy:

> check out the other powertoys too while you're there...

Try "send to."

some support

| Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
Recording is already
| Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still
does not appear under
| picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
photos I want to burn
| to CD.
| --
| Lisa
|

| "David Candy" wrote:
|
| > It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right
click the drive, Properties, Recording.

| > --

| > http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
| > =================================================
| > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of
"Burn to CD" under
| > > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but
I had to select "copy
| > > files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D
Drive as the
| > > destination. Can someone please let me know why I
don't have the "Burn to
| > > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
| > > --
| > > Lisa

frodo

try re-registering the Picture and Fax Viewer, see if that brings back the
option:

Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

?? Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?
?? Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives,
and is the IMAPI Serivice running?

FWIW, I checked all these things on my system, and I don't have that
option in Folder Tasks either. Never missed it tho...

good luck

The "Send To" list includes a number of programs, but not the D Drive.
--
Lisa

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Try "send to."

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
> Recording is already
> | Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still
> does not appear under
> | picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
> photos I want to burn
> | to CD.
> | --
> | Lisa
> |

> | "David Candy" wrote:
> |
> | > It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right
> click the drive, Properties, Recording.
> | >
> | > --
> |
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | > http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
> | > =================================================
> | > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Burn to CD" under
> I had to select "copy
> Drive as the
> don't have the "Burn to

<Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll--did this, no change

<Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?----Sorry, don't
know what this is....??

<Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives.---- Yes

<and is the IMAPI Serivice running?---Don't know what this is either.

Really, I can burn the pictures to my D Drive, but I was just wondering why
the digital picture instructions on the Microsoft site show an option under
Picture Tasks that I don't have. Since you don't have the "Copy to CD"
option either, maybe the instructions I looked at (even tho they are from
Microsoft) are faulty.

Lisa

--
Lisa

"frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

> try re-registering the Picture and Fax Viewer, see if that brings back the
> option:
>
> Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>
> ?? Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?
> ?? Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives,
> and is the IMAPI Serivice running?
>
> FWIW, I checked all these things on my system, and I don't have that
> option in Folder Tasks either. Never missed it tho...
>
> good luck

You can open the "send to folder" (it is hidden) and add
drives, etc.

some support

| The "Send To" list includes a number of programs, but not
the D Drive.
| --
| Lisa
|

| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Try "send to."
| >

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| > | Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
| > Recording is already
| > | Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD"
still
| > does not appear under
| > | picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
| > photos I want to burn
| > | to CD.
| > | --
| > | Lisa