Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Burning Photos to CD

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:27:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
"Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
--
Lisa

More about : burning photos

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:42:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I do not have that exact function either (Burn to CD).

But, because I have Roxio's "Drag to Disk" (part of CD-DVD Creator)
installed, I can right click on a photo, choose "send to" and then direct
the file to "drag to disk". The file will be copied to the CD in the tray.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you thought you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select
> "copy
> files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> --
> Lisa
July 19, 2005 9:10:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Well, I don't have that option either, what makes you think you should
have it?

pictures are just files, you can burn them to a cd like any other file.

if what you would like to do is make a special cd, one that will play a
slideshow of the pictures that it contains when inserted on someone's
machine, then what you need/want is the CD Slide Show Generator PowerToy:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

check out the other powertoys too while you're there...
Related resources
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:20:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right click the drive, Properties, Recording.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
=================================================
"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
> files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> --
> Lisa
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:46:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However, Recording is already
Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still does not appear under
picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select photos I want to burn
to CD.
--
Lisa


"David Candy" wrote:

> It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right click the drive, Properties, Recording.
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> =================================================
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of "Burn to CD" under
> > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but I had to select "copy
> > files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D Drive as the
> > destination. Can someone please let me know why I don't have the "Burn to
> > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> > --
> > Lisa
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:51:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It is "Copy to CD", not "Burn to CD". Sorry, I made a mistake. However, the
digital photo instructions listed at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotogr...

show the Picture Tasks options clearly having "Copy to CD" as an option. I
don't have this option and I was wondering why.

--
Lisa


"frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

> Well, I don't have that option either, what makes you think you should
> have it?
>
> pictures are just files, you can burn them to a cd like any other file.
>
> if what you would like to do is make a special cd, one that will play a
> slideshow of the pictures that it contains when inserted on someone's
> machine, then what you need/want is the CD Slide Show Generator PowerToy:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
>
> check out the other powertoys too while you're there...
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:06:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Try "send to."



--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
some support
http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm



"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FB42F2DA-7F47-45F1-9F9F-F40EE4BDA784@microsoft.com...
| Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
Recording is already
| Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still
does not appear under
| picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
photos I want to burn
| to CD.
| --
| Lisa
|
|
| "David Candy" wrote:
|
| > It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right
click the drive, Properties, Recording.
| >
| > --
|
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| > http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
| > =================================================
| > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
| > > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of
"Burn to CD" under
| > > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but
I had to select "copy
| > > files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D
Drive as the
| > > destination. Can someone please let me know why I
don't have the "Burn to
| > > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
| > > --
| > > Lisa
| >
July 20, 2005 9:29:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

try re-registering the Picture and Fax Viewer, see if that brings back the
option:

Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

?? Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?
?? Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives,
and is the IMAPI Serivice running?

FWIW, I checked all these things on my system, and I don't have that
option in Folder Tasks either. Never missed it tho...

good luck
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 12:31:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The "Send To" list includes a number of programs, but not the D Drive.
--
Lisa


"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Try "send to."
>
>
>
> --
> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>
>
>
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FB42F2DA-7F47-45F1-9F9F-F40EE4BDA784@microsoft.com...
> | Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
> Recording is already
> | Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD" still
> does not appear under
> | picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
> photos I want to burn
> | to CD.
> | --
> | Lisa
> |
> |
> | "David Candy" wrote:
> |
> | > It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right
> click the drive, Properties, Recording.
> | >
> | > --
> |
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | > http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> | > =================================================
> | > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
> | > > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option of
> "Burn to CD" under
> | > > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD, but
> I had to select "copy
> | > > files" under "Files and folders" and then select my D
> Drive as the
> | > > destination. Can someone please let me know why I
> don't have the "Burn to
> | > > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
> | > > --
> | > > Lisa
> | >
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 12:45:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

<Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll--did this, no change

<Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?----Sorry, don't
know what this is....??

<Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives.---- Yes

<and is the IMAPI Serivice running?---Don't know what this is either.

Really, I can burn the pictures to my D Drive, but I was just wondering why
the digital picture instructions on the Microsoft site show an option under
Picture Tasks that I don't have. Since you don't have the "Copy to CD"
option either, maybe the instructions I looked at (even tho they are from
Microsoft) are faulty.

Lisa





--
Lisa


"frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

> try re-registering the Picture and Fax Viewer, see if that brings back the
> option:
>
> Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>
> ?? Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?
> ?? Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives,
> and is the IMAPI Serivice running?
>
> FWIW, I checked all these things on my system, and I don't have that
> option in Folder Tasks either. Never missed it tho...
>
> good luck
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:25:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You can open the "send to folder" (it is hidden) and add
drives, etc.


--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
some support
http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm



"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:266CB647-1E3F-4B04-A76A-9091F0AB6C88@microsoft.com...
| The "Send To" list includes a number of programs, but not
the D Drive.
| --
| Lisa
|
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Try "send to."
| >
| >
| >
| > --
| > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
| > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >
| >
| >
| > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >
news:FB42F2DA-7F47-45F1-9F9F-F40EE4BDA784@microsoft.com...
| > | Yes, you are correct. It is "Copy to CD". However,
| > Recording is already
| > | Enabled on my D Drive. The option, "copy to CD"
still
| > does not appear under
| > | picture tasks in the My Pictures folder when I select
| > photos I want to burn
| > | to CD.
| > | --
| > | Lisa
| > |
| > |
| > | "David Candy" wrote:
| > |
| > | > It's Copy to CD and Recording must be enabled. Right
| > click the drive, Properties, Recording.
| > | >
| > | > --
| > |
| >
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| > | >
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
| > | > =================================================
| > | > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| >
news:C6C1872E-E5E9-4EE9-9604-50F1B9A24E3C@microsoft.com...
| > | > > In "My Pictures" folder, I do not have the option
of
| > "Burn to CD" under
| > | > > "Picture Tasks". I was able to burn photos to CD,
but
| > I had to select "copy
| > | > > files" under "Files and folders" and then select
my D
| > Drive as the
| > | > > destination. Can someone please let me know why I
| > don't have the "Burn to
| > | > > CD" option and how I can fix it. Thanks.
| > | > > --
| > | > > Lisa
| > | >
| >
| >
| >
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 7:04:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How do you know recording is enabled?

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
=================================================
"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D985AD-E161-425E-9A2B-2D4AD3C42A37@microsoft.com...
> <Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll--did this, no change
>
> <Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?----Sorry, don't
> know what this is....??
>
> <Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives.---- Yes
>
> <and is the IMAPI Serivice running?---Don't know what this is either.
>
> Really, I can burn the pictures to my D Drive, but I was just wondering why
> the digital picture instructions on the Microsoft site show an option under
> Picture Tasks that I don't have. Since you don't have the "Copy to CD"
> option either, maybe the instructions I looked at (even tho they are from
> Microsoft) are faulty.
>
> Lisa
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Lisa
>
>
> "frodo@theshire.org" wrote:
>
>> try re-registering the Picture and Fax Viewer, see if that brings back the
>> option:
>>
>> Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>>
>> ?? Do you have the Shell Hardware Detection Service running?
>> ?? Do you have "recording" enabled for at least one of your R/W drives,
>> and is the IMAPI Serivice running?
>>
>> FWIW, I checked all these things on my system, and I don't have that
>> option in Folder Tasks either. Never missed it tho...
>>
>> good luck
>>
>>
>>
!