Sign in with
Your question

Driver for Palm M500 for Windows 7-64 bit

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 5, 2009 5:04:08 PM

Does Palm have the driver for sync with the desktop for the above?
April 28, 2011 4:10:39 PM

Quote:
Does Palm have the driver for sync with the desktop for the above?

Aceeca has a driver that will work with 64bit windows systems. It is available from Aceeca or you can go to the Palm Support Community forums in the windows hotsync area and read 64bit drivers are here with full instructions on how to load it with links
m
l
September 25, 2012 3:32:10 PM

Just installed this driver on my new Windows 7 Professional 64bit computer and it works great on my Palm m500. For me the following worked:

Installed Palm Desktop Software (version 4.1.4) and connected Palm USB cradle with Palm inserted in the cradle. During Palm desktop software installation, entered same user as setup on Palm m500.

Downloaded 64bit driver software from Aceeca, unzipped and put it in the same folder as the Palm desktop software.

Opened Device Manager and pressed Hot Sync button on the cradle. The Device Manager responded with a Palm OS Handheld Device entry. Right click on entry for Properties --> Driver --> Update Driver. Browse to directory where the Aceeca driver is located and install.

The first Hot Sync took a while, as everything in the Palm had to be imported into the new Desktop install database. Subsequent Hot Syncs went much faster.
m
l
!