What is your favorite 15mm Napoleonic figures?

This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
figures (by brand) and why? Remember, everyone has different tastes.
So, no bashing comments allowed!!!
17 answers Last reply
More about what favorite 15mm napoleonic figures
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
    >figures (by brand) and why? Remember, everyone has different tastes.
    >So, no bashing comments allowed!!!

    Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units all looking
    alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth of straps and the
    like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic warfare.

    Best,
    Tom Dye
    GFI
    GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349

    Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    OG/19th Century by far. I have 2 rather large armies, Austrian and Russian.
    They are a mix of Old Minifig (pre modern minifig - on the order of 20 +
    years old), Jacobite, and the newer ones are all Old Glory. The General
    packs are unequalled by anyone else.

    What I like the most are the variations in poses that gives the army an
    "Army in motion" or a "living" feel that I don't get with single pose stuff.
    The figures are sturdier and I like the diaroma look to the stands. The
    ranges were very complete.

    I also used them for my SYW and AWI, although Musket is also on my "buy on
    faith" list for that period.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    > Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units
    > all looking alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth
    > of straps and the like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic
    > warfare.

    I'm with Tom. All my French are Minifigs, as are the 9 large armies owned by
    the players I game with.

    Jimi
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Jimi and said

    >> Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units
    >> all looking alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth
    >> of straps and the like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic
    >> warfare.
    >
    > I'm with Tom. All my French are Minifigs, as are the 9 large armies
    > owned by the players I game with.

    Ten french armies sitting on a wall, ten french armies sitting on a wall,
    and if one french army should acidently fall........

    We now return you to your regular scheduled show.
    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply

    Minifigs, particularly any firing pose.

    Regards, Bill Gray

    Robert Singers wrote:
    > Out from under a rock popped Jimi and said
    >

    >>>Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units
    >>>all looking alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth
    >>>of straps and the like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic
    >>>warfare.
    >>
    >>I'm with Tom. All my French are Minifigs, as are the 9 large armies
    >>owned by the players I game with.
    >

    > Ten french armies sitting on a wall, ten french armies sitting on a wall,
    > and if one french army should acidently fall........
    >
    > We now return you to your regular scheduled show.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray and said

    > Minifigs, particularly any firing pose.

    See that's an answer to what's wrong with top posting. What the hell was
    that a reply to?

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    I like the original Battle Honours ones in pewter, they were very fine, and
    quality sculpting.

    --
    estarriol
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    On 17 Nov 2004 23:20:45 GMT, dye4minis@aol.com (DYE4MINIS) wrote:

    >>This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
    >>figures (by brand) and why? Remember, everyone has different tastes.
    >>So, no bashing comments allowed!!!
    >

    >Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units all looking
    >alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth of straps and the
    >like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic warfare.
    >
    >Best,
    >Tom Dye
    >GFI
    >GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    >Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349
    >
    >Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!

    I've always like Minifigs, but there seems to be a belief that they
    are "too small". Why this should be I don't know. The range however
    and the quality of the castings is and always has been superb.

    Pity I sell OldGlory15.

    At http://www.minifigures.co.uk/

    Or did I already mention that once or twice :-) ?
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >Pity I sell OldGlory15.
    >
    >At http://www.minifigures.co.uk/
    >
    >Or did I already mention that once or twice :-) ?

    Heck, Donnie. Let's mention it again! 8>)

    Best
    Tom Dye
    GFI
    GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349

    Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Bill McHarg and said

    >>> Minifigs, particularly any firing pose.
    >>
    >>See that's an answer to what's wrong with top posting. What the hell
    >>was that a reply to?
    >
    > I was following the thread, and had no trouble figuring it out.

    So was he replying to me or not?

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    In article <cngfmt$kfm$1@peabody.colorado.edu>,
    Ray Trochim <trochim@rintintin.colorado.edu> wrote:

    >This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
    >figures (by brand) and why? Remember, everyone has different tastes.
    >So, no bashing comments allowed!!!

    I guess I forgot to add my $0.02 in.
    Personally, I like the old Heritage figures because they have nice
    detail and are easy to paint and base for gaming. However, there are 3
    things wrong with the heritage figures. 1) They are true 15mm figures,
    so they are dwarfed by the new larger 15mm figures. 2) I never did like
    the cast flags... but that's easy to fix. 3) They are very hard to get
    if not impossible to find these days.

    I started out playing Napoleonics using 25mm figures decades ago, but
    I guess the main reason I like the Heritage Napoleonic 15mm figures is
    simply because they were some of my very first 15mm gaming figures.
    And at the time, some of the only quality 15mm figures availabe to the
    gamer.

    As for replacements? Well, no other figure blends in with my Heritage
    armies, so I ended up building new ones. Very slowly at that too.

    -Ray
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    I have a presderence for miunifigs. Sharpest detail, well proportioned.
    My next favorite is Stone mountain. I like the slight variations in the
    same pose.

    Donnie wrote:
    > On 17 Nov 2004 23:20:45 GMT, dye4minis@aol.com (DYE4MINIS) wrote:
    >

    >>>This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
    >>>figures (by brand) and why? Remember, everyone has different tastes.
    >>>So, no bashing comments allowed!!!
    >>

    >>Totally biased, but Minifigs! I am one that likes my Naps in units all looking
    >>alike. I also like realistic proportions and scale depth of straps and the
    >>like. The range fits my mind's image of Napoleonic warfare.
    >>
    >>Best,
    >>Tom Dye
    >>GFI
    >>GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    >>Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349
    >>
    >>Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!
    >

    > I've always like Minifigs, but there seems to be a belief that they
    > are "too small". Why this should be I don't know. The range however
    > and the quality of the castings is and always has been superb.
    >
    > Pity I sell OldGlory15.
    >
    > At http://www.minifigures.co.uk/
    >
    > Or did I already mention that once or twice :-) ?

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >3) They are very hard to get
    >if not impossible to find these days.

    Ray, Duke and I are on a quest to find the masters, molds and who has the
    rights. We may have located where the molds are stored, but ownership is
    elusive.

    Just wanted to let you know that "behind the scenes", efforts are being made to
    try and change this situation. Not an easy one to solve!

    Best,
    Tom Dye
    GFI
    GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349

    Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    I actually have a bunch of these figures, still in their unopened
    blister packs, from many years ago when I and CPT Alan Curtis brought
    every pack on the rack from the US Cavalry Store . . . . . for 25 cents
    a pack. They still have some of the best sculpted figures out there.

    Regards, Bill Gray

    DYE4MINIS wrote:
    >>3) They are very hard to get
    >>if not impossible to find these days.
    >>

    > Ray, Duke and I are on a quest to find the masters, molds and who has the
    > rights. We may have located where the molds are stored, but ownership is
    > elusive.
    >
    > Just wanted to let you know that "behind the scenes", efforts are being made to
    > try and change this situation. Not an easy one to solve!
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom Dye
    > GFI
    > GFI/Minifigs: www.minifigs.com (303)361-6465
    > Attactix:Bill@attactix.com (303)699-3349
    >
    > Makers of Minifigs to the Americas!
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >Subject: Re: What is your favorite 15mm Napoleonic figures?
    >From: "Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray" hmgs1@hmgs.org
    >Date: 11/19/2004 7:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >
    >I actually have a bunch of these figures, still in their unopened
    >blister packs, from many years ago when I and CPT Alan Curtis brought
    >every pack on the rack from the US Cavalry Store . . . . . for 25 cents
    >a pack. They still have some of the best sculpted figures out there.
    >
    >Regards, Bill Gray

    while not a fan of over-quoting previous messages...Bill, please your response
    is totally enigmatic....

    what figures are you talking about?
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >From: trochim@rintintin.colorado.edu (Ray Trochim)
    >Date: 11/17/04 3:26 PM Central Standard Time
    >This is just a poll to see what is everyone's favorite 15mm Napoleonic
    >figures (by brand) and why?

    I actually like the old Mikes Models second generation French Old Guard,
    highly detailed fun blocks of lead. charactitures
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    RMCaras520 wrote:
    >>Subject: Re: What is your favorite 15mm Napoleonic figures?
    >>From: "Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray" hmgs1@hmgs.org
    >>Date: 11/19/2004 7:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >>
    >>I actually have a bunch of these figures, still in their unopened
    >>blister packs, from many years ago when I and CPT Alan Curtis brought
    >>every pack on the rack from the US Cavalry Store . . . . . for 25 cents
    >>a pack. They still have some of the best sculpted figures out there.
    >>
    >>Regards, Bill Gray
    >>

    > while not a fan of over-quoting previous messages...Bill, please your response
    > is totally enigmatic....
    >
    > what figures are you talking about?

    Rick,

    Sorry. There were the old Heritage 15 mm Napoleonettes. First figures I
    ever bought. Six packs of Russiian 1812 Grenadiers firing got me started
    in the hobby.

    Regards, Bill Gray

Games Video Games