Solitaire executable file

I am running Windows 7 Commercial.
There were no games on this version of 7.
My wife wants the "old" Solitaire and Spider Solitaire on this machine.

H E L P
2 answers Last reply
More about solitaire executable file
  1. THe games are on the installation media but are not installed as part of the default installation -- If you go to Control Panel - Programs - Programs and features - click on Turn Windows features on or off - in the box that comes up place a checkmark in games (or go into the subtree and select just solitare if that is the only game you want) - press OK and it will install it for you (Note: you might need your Windows disk if the files did not get copied to the HDD )

From Windows 7 Help :

Quote:
    Where are my games?

Games that come with Windows, and any new games you choose to install, appear in the Games folder.

Click to open Games.

If you don't see a particular title, it could be for one of these reasons:

It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see Install a game in the Games folder.

Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs, and then under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.

Select the Games check box, and then click OK.

It's a premium game. Some Windows games, such as Chess Titans or Internet Checkers, only come with premium editions of Windows.
  2. if all else fails it shouldn't be too hard to get a 3rd party version online.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Games Solitaire