Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Application PROVEN to remove Codbot.X from Windows XP

Tags:
  • Clean Install
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 19, 2005 12:28:05 AM

Hi,

I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install would
wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have suggested that
a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's my situation. I'm
infected with the
Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions of:
PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and some other
application that was supposed to specifically remove it. Nothing has worked.
I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick of slow performance. I've
backed up the files that matter to me and i'm willing to do a clean install,
but if anyone could suggest a program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X i
would welcome that info. A lot of people have referred me to programs that
they suggested "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none proved
successful.

Thanks

More about : application proven remove codbot windows

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:36:50 AM

"Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install would
> wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have suggested
> that
> a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's my situation. I'm
> infected with the
> Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions of:
> PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and some other
> application that was supposed to specifically remove it. Nothing has
> worked.
> I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick of slow performance. I've
> backed up the files that matter to me and i'm willing to do a clean
> install,
> but if anyone could suggest a program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X i
> would welcome that info. A lot of people have referred me to programs
> that
> they suggested "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none
> proved
> successful.
>
> Thanks

Use Hijack This. You can get the program and a tutorial here:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Kerry
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 6:17:40 AM

Chico wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install
> would wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have
> suggested that a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's
> my situation. I'm infected with the
> Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions
> of: PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and
> some other application that was supposed to specifically remove it.
> Nothing has worked. I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick
> of slow performance. I've backed up the files that matter to me and
> i'm willing to do a clean install, but if anyone could suggest a
> program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X i would welcome that info.
> A lot of people have referred me to programs that they suggested
> "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none proved
> successful.
>
> Thanks

microsoft.public.security.virus would be a better place for your
non-Windows XP problem.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Codbot X Removal tool http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CodbotXRemover.zip I
have not tried this as I do not have that virus/Trojan. Let me know how it
works.

"Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install would
> wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have suggested
> that
> a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's my situation. I'm
> infected with the
> Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions of:
> PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and some other
> application that was supposed to specifically remove it. Nothing has
> worked.
> I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick of slow performance. I've
> backed up the files that matter to me and i'm willing to do a clean
> install,
> but if anyone could suggest a program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X i
> would welcome that info. A lot of people have referred me to programs
> that
> they suggested "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none
> proved
> successful.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:15:34 PM

Excuse me? Your posting a removal tool you've not tested, let alone tested
to see if it works? Yeah, right!
--
~PA Bear

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Codbot X Removal tool
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CodbotXRemover.zip I have not tried
> this as I do not have that virus/Trojan. Let me know how it works.
>

> "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install
> > would wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have
> > suggested that
> > a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's my situation. I'm
> > infected with the
> > Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions of:
> > PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and some other
> > application that was supposed to specifically remove it. Nothing has
> > worked.
> > I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick of slow performance.
> > I've backed up the files that matter to me and i'm willing to do a clean
> > install,
> > but if anyone could suggest a program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X i
> > would welcome that info. A lot of people have referred me to programs
> > that
> > they suggested "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none
> > proved
> > successful.
> >
> > Thanks
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:31:08 AM

Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can arrange
it for you.

> Excuse me? Your posting a removal tool you've not tested, let alone
> tested to see if it works? Yeah, right!
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> Codbot X Removal tool
>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CodbotXRemover.zip I have not tried
>> this as I do not have that virus/Trojan. Let me know how it works.
>>

>> "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I started another thread in this forum about whether a clean install
>> > would wipe out the viruses on my computer, and a lot of people have
>> > suggested that
>> > a clean install is an extreme measure. Well, here's my situation. I'm
>> > infected with the
>> > Codbot.X worm and i can't get rid of it. I've tried updated versions
>> > of:
>> > PCSafe, Ad-aware, Spysweeper, McAfee, Sophos, Counterspy, and some
>> > other
>> > application that was supposed to specifically remove it. Nothing has
>> > worked.
>> > I'm a little at the end of my rope and i'm sick of slow performance.
>> > I've backed up the files that matter to me and i'm willing to do a
>> > clean
>> > install,
>> > but if anyone could suggest a program that they KNOW can kill Codbot.X
>> > would welcome that info. A lot of people have referred me to programs
>> > that
>> > they suggested "should" or "might'" remove the Codbot.X worm, but none
>> > proved
>> > successful.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:31:09 AM

It's /your/ removal tool, why haven't you tested it?

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can
> arrange it for you.

> > Excuse me? Your posting a removal tool you've not tested, let alone
> > tested to see if it works? Yeah, right!
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> >
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> > > Codbot X Removal tool
> > > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CodbotXRemover.zip I have not tried
> > > this as I do not have that virus/Trojan. Let me know how it works.
> > >

> > > "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:31:09 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can
> arrange it for you.

So you are distributing a removal tool that for all you know could be
malware itself.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:38:37 AM

Troll Alert!!

> It's /your/ removal tool, why haven't you tested it?
>
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can
>> arrange it for you.
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Excuse me? Your posting a removal tool you've not tested, let alone
>> > tested to see if it works? Yeah, right!
>> > --
>> > ~PA Bear

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:38:38 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Troll Alert!!

Dude, you're the one with the bad rep here. You aren't fit to kiss the
ass of PA Bear's posts.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:38:45 AM

Troll Alert!!

news:o PaVDZYjFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can
>> arrange it for you.
>
> So you are distributing a removal tool that for all you know could be
> malware itself.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:38:46 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Troll Alert!!

LOL! You do realize that if I were a troll, you'd just be feeding my
ego with your troll alert.

Naw, you are to stupid to realize that. That would take higher brain
functions, that you never have had.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 5:30:32 AM

kurttrail wrote:
> pcbutts1 wrote:
> > Troll Alert!!
>
> Dude, you're the one with the bad rep here. You aren't fit to kiss the
> ass of PA Bear's posts.

Ooo, kinky!
July 21, 2005 7:21:08 AM

What, that's your answer? Is that the best you can come up with?

Shane

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Troll Alert!!

>> It's /your/ removal tool, why haven't you tested it?
>>
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>> Do you want get that virus/Trojan so you can test it? I'm sure I can
>>> arrange it for you.
>>>

>>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:42:15 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem, my solution has been to find the associated
registry entry (which is available on other websites) and set it access to
allow its deletion. That is why the cleanup processes are not working. The
trojan creates the registry entry and sets its protection to prevent its
deletion.

Cheers,

Lawrence