miguel

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical,rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

Hi .

I have several miniatures different from the usual . I´ve tried to search in
Google but had no lucky .
Are they "TIN" miniatures ? How do you call them ?
I´m almost shure they are Portuguese troops from the WWI , I think . They
are VERY thin - 0,2 mm. aprox. .
Please look at the photos (3) .

Thank´s ,

Miguel

http://www.meteosat.com/forometeocoll/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=10024;start=0#lastPost

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical,rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

"Miguel" <mjccc1@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi .
>
> I have several miniatures different from the usual . I´ve
> tried to search in Google but had no lucky .
> Are they "TIN" miniatures ? How do you call them ?

The English term for such figures is "flats", for obvious
reasons, and they were always much more popular in Germany than
in the UK or US. I have seen some absolutely beautiful examples,
though, and the one in your pictures looks very impressive.

All the best,

John.

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical,rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

They are called "flats" and are the oldest form of miniatures.