Sign in with
Your question

Logitech MX 5500 Revolution

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 3, 2008 12:44:01 PM

So I just bought a Logitech MX 5500 Revolution. I am pretty happy with the mouse have not had a change to really use the keyboard because of lack of desk space. Though the real question I have here is that I have a desk top system and two laptops that I have up and running almost all the time as well as a Linux web server. I was thinking about getting a USB KVM for this and using putting the Bluetooth key into that but I am worried about compatability and loss of functionality.

Has anyone used this type of a set up and if so any suggestions on a good USB KVM that works well with this keyboard and mouse. Ideally I would like to have hot keys on the keyboard to toggle between systems so I can sit back and enjoy my work and toggle between systems without having to lean up and press a button.
July 25, 2008 10:54:13 PM

Hmm... I've wanted to do the same thing before, but I don't know anything about KVMs, and just haven't bothered. I just have two keyboards and two mice :)  Let me know if you come up with a functioning solution!
November 26, 2008 12:35:00 AM

HOLD DOWN THE FN KEY THEN PRES THE PAUSE/BREAK KEY TWICE. I SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.
Related resources
May 21, 2009 3:17:39 AM

MIGHTYLAR said:
HOLD DOWN THE FN KEY THEN PRES THE PAUSE/BREAK KEY TWICE. I SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.

What kvm switch are you using? I have a Iogear and its not working
July 1, 2009 5:18:43 PM

:fou:  This keyboard does not work with Windows 7 x 64. Logitech does not supply Windows 7 drivers, only Vista x 64. Though the driver loads, the top windows loses focus regularly every 30 seconds, which makes it impossible to type. I have tried this on two computers: 1 uses Nvidia MOBO and graphics and a Core 2 Duo, and the other uses an Intel MOBO, ATI graphics, and I7. Logitech does not support because they say Windows 7 is not released yet, BOO! :non:  :non: 
!