Dell computer power supply pinout

DimensionUser

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
I have a dell dimension 4100 desktop.
The 2-port USB + 2 fire wire aux card stopped working.
My new wifi card does not work. (Trying to install.)
Ethernet card works fine.
Video card works fine.
Did I lose partial power so that some things work and others don't?
Are there any fuses?
The unit powers up just fine.
What voltage(s) should I be reading on the 4-pin power jack to the USB/fire wire aux card?

Thanks.

Solution
Usually not a power supply problem.
The first thing to do is reload the drivers, or try:

Restore does not erase your personal files and is reversible.
click start
click all programs
click accessories
click system tools
click system restore
check the box that says restore my computer to an earlier time, click next
select a bold date on the calendar, a date before the problem started, click next
follow through with the restore directions
restart the computer after it finishes
if the system restore does not work, select an even earlier bold date on the calendar and repeat the procedure
try this with at least four earlier dates before giving up and trying something else

Usually not a power supply problem.
The first thing to do is reload the drivers, or try:

Restore does not erase your personal files and is reversible.
click start
click all programs
click accessories
click system tools
click system restore
check the box that says restore my computer to an earlier time, click next
select a bold date on the calendar, a date before the problem started, click next
follow through with the restore directions
restart the computer after it finishes
if the system restore does not work, select an even earlier bold date on the calendar and repeat the procedure
try this with at least four earlier dates before giving up and trying something else

Solution

DimensionUser

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
Sorry for the late reply soundguruman. I appreciate your help. Maybe I moved or wiggled something, but believe it or not, somehow the wi-fi started working a few weeks ago and now today I tried one of the USB 2.0 ports and it is working too. Praise God! Even though I did not have to use your suggestion I thank you for taking time to reply. You were right... was apparently not a power supply problem. Gotta keep the 9+ year old desktop running... :)

the best way to go with that is to spray all the ports and cable connectors with Deoxit 100, a little spray inside each USB port connector will go a long way. when a computer gets old, the plating on the connectors becomes oxidized, or tarnished, and looses conductivity. This happens especially when you live near the ocean, or in a humid climate.
Deoxit 100 or Pro Gold 100 are the best we have found to break down the tarnish and preserve the contacts, to decrease resistance on older connectors.