PB A720 fuzzy/out of focus area

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I have a Packard Bell A720 CRT and have done for several years and suddenly today a large area of the screen has gone awfully fuzzy, its rather straining to read from in fact. The rest of my screen is fine for example the windows bar is in focus and the top of applications are as well, its just the main centre. Nothing like this has ever happened before on the screen and this happened quite suddenly, i tried updating my graphics drivers but no relief, i also tried leaving it off for a while and changing res, no luck either.

I noticed on the back of the screen there are 3 holes, labelled: "focus 1", "focus 2" and "screen" i've done some searching around and can't find any specific about my monitor or how to reconfigure it using those holes at the back...so basically i'm looking for either a fix for the fuzz or instructions on how to use the hole controls at the back.

Thanks in advance!

realzeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
Unfortunately it sounds like your venerable CRT is dying on you. I know from experience that they are very hard to fix and it costs more than to buy a new one. Unfortuntel (again), one cannot find CRTs anymore, so you will have to go for a TFT, which is regrettable.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
That is very unfortunate, luckily i have a spare 17" CRT which i will use as long as possible. I much prefer CRTs over TFT personally..