Windows XP activation problem!

I Installed my new Windows XP Home Edition on another computer. I forgot
about the 30 day limit to have the software activated with a key, and now I
can't even log on to uninstall the program or to even try to make some
changes so that I can reinstall another older Windows program! Is there some
way to access and uninstall this Windows XP? Or do I have to fdisk and
reformat the PC to reinstall Windows again? Anyone have a an answer?
--
NeoRulzu
5 answers Last reply

    If you have the xp cd,simply boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,
    then type:DiskPart In DiskPart delete the partition(xp),create a new one
    and/or
    press Esc key,type:EXIT If youre installing an "older windows OS" You'll need
    to format 1st.

    "NeoRulzu" <NeoRulzu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I Installed my new Windows XP Home Edition on another computer. I forgot
    > about the 30 day limit to have the software activated with a key, and now
    > can't even log on to uninstall the program or to even try to make some
    > changes so that I can reinstall another older Windows program! Is there
    > some
    > way to access and uninstall this Windows XP? Or do I have to fdisk and
    > reformat the PC to reinstall Windows again? Anyone have a an answer?
    > --

    I assume by "... on another computer" you mean you removed it from any
    machine it was previously installed to and that it is a Retail product not
    an OEM one. If either of these is not correct then the first thing you need
    do is purchase another copy/license for Windows XP as it is licensed as one
    license per PC.

    You can boot your PC to Safe Mode (by pressing F8 during the boot up and
    selecting that from the menu. This will allow you to logon as the local
    Administrator account who's password you set during the install and then
    activate.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "NeoRulzu" <NeoRulzu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I Installed my new Windows XP Home Edition on another computer. I forgot
    > about the 30 day limit to have the software activated with a key, and now
    > can't even log on to uninstall the program or to even try to make some
    > changes so that I can reinstall another older Windows program! Is there
    > some
    > way to access and uninstall this Windows XP? Or do I have to fdisk and
    > reformat the PC to reinstall Windows again? Anyone have a an answer?
    > --
    > NeoRulzu

    Activation is an inconvenience. It doesn't stop piracy; it just
    inconveniences everyone.

    "BrianC" <no@no.com> wrote in message
    > Activation is an inconvenience. It doesn't stop piracy; it just
    > inconveniences everyone.

    It at the very least helps remind casual pirates - e.g. home users who
    ,mistaken believe they can install one copy of XP on man machine that this
    is not the case.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    In news:ux62SP%23jFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    BrianC <no@no.com> typed:

    > Activation is an inconvenience.

    I will grant you that in some circumstances it inconveniences
    some people slightly. If you have to activate by telephone, it
    can take 4 or 5 minutes, and some would consider that an
    inconvenience. If it is, it's a slight one.

    > It doesn't stop piracy;

    Nobody I know ever claimed it stopped piracy. It's intent was to
    *reduce* piracy--especially casual piracy, as opposed to those
    selling pirated copies--and judging by the computers of those
    many Windows XP users I know, it's certainly done. I see very few
    pirated copies in circumstances where, pre-Windows XP and
    activation, I would have seen many.

    > it just
    > inconveniences everyone.

    I have Windows XP installed on two desktops and a laptop here.
    Activation hasn't inconvenienced me in the slightest. I've also
    installed it on half a dozen or so other computers I support, and
    it hasn't inconvenienced any of those people either. Clearly, it
    doesn't come close to inconveniencing "everyone." It may
    occasionally inconvenience someone slightly.

    I don't like the idea of activation, and wish that it hadn't
    been implemented. But I certainly understand why they did it, and
    I'm very happy that they did it in such a way that I wasn't
    inconvenience at all.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Microsoft Windows XP