Audio and USB ports not working, please help

Last week I was hit with a multitude of viruses. Since then I've followed
the KRC Anti-Spyware tutorial, I have ewido, spybot (tea timer running),
Ad-Aware, etc. and cleaned everythign up, and my system is finally stable
again. I even got Norton System works and that helped a lot too. I've been
to Windows update and am completely up to date with installs.

2 problems still: I still have no audio, and 5 of my USB ports are not
working.

I've been trying to get help over on the techsupportforum
(http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=60696), and I really
appreciate all their help, however I still can't get my audio to work, so I'm
wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions.

When I go to Control panel--sounds and audio devices, it says no audio
device. I've put in my Windows CD and run sfc /scannow, and it doesn't fix
it. Then with my Windows CD I tried manually installing the audio driver,
and that still didn't work. I tried other speakers too, so it's not the
speaks (but of course it says no audio device in control panel.) Maybe I'm
not installing the audio drivers correctly, how do I do that?

---USB---

5 of my USB ports do not work properly. 2 in the front and 3 in the back.
1 works fine, I have my printer plugged into it and my printer works. The 2
front USB ports, if I plug my flash drive into them, 1 will show it there in
the bottom right hand corner, yet it will not give me access to the flash
drive. The other shows nothing. When I plug my flash drive into the USB
ports in the back of my computer, it freezes my computer and i have to
restart. It's not the flash drive as it worked fine before the viruses, and
after the viruses on another computer.

Any help with the audio and USB ports would be much appreciated. I've been
backing up...worse case, I can just reinstall Windows. But I figured since
everything else seems to be workign fine now, there must be an easier way.

peter

It's probably best to run a repair install of XP. This will keep your files
and folders but you will need to reinstall Windows Updates
See "How to run a repair install" here:

Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Home SP2