  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:53:14 PM

Lately i've been dealing with some problems with this game.
On the first week of play it went smoothly but all of the sudden it started
to lock-up on the loading of the game (Black screen with white dots on the
edge).
Always when it reached the last dot the game started to run...
Now it simply locks-up.

Also, DSVideoConfig won't load up! I double click the exe file and nothing
happens. (On the task manager it shows up as taking 8mb of memory) but the
proccess won't load.

What's going on with this game?
I also tried running "DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true - but that didn't do
the trick.

My computer spec:
3.1 mhz AMD
1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Geforce 6600

running on WindowsXP SP2/

Any help would be appreicieted!

More about : dungeon siege startup error

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:16:02 AM

Anyone? Please, I'm getting frustrated.
I just might as well return the product to the shop.

"Xenocide":

> Lately i've been dealing with some problems with this game.
> On the first week of play it went smoothly but all of the sudden it started
> to lock-up on the loading of the game (Black screen with white dots on the
> edge).
> Always when it reached the last dot the game started to run...
> Now it simply locks-up.
>
> Also, DSVideoConfig won't load up! I double click the exe file and nothing
> happens. (On the task manager it shows up as taking 8mb of memory) but the
> proccess won't load.
>
> What's going on with this game?
> I also tried running "DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true - but that didn't do
> the trick.
>
> My computer spec:
> 3.1 mhz AMD
> 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM
> Geforce 6600
>
> running on WindowsXP SP2/
>
> Any help would be appreicieted!
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 6:03:08 PM

Hi Xenocide,

Don't give up yet! :-)

Self support articles and links to Microsoft Assisted Support
are available at: http://support.microsoft.com/games/

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Xenocide" <Xenocide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55E7C5AF-EF5F-4403-8084-E78199E25699@microsoft.com...
| Anyone? Please, I'm getting frustrated.
| I just might as well return the product to the shop.
|
| "Xenocide":
|
| > Lately i've been dealing with some problems with this game.
| > On the first week of play it went smoothly but all of the sudden it started
| > to lock-up on the loading of the game (Black screen with white dots on the
| > edge).
| > Always when it reached the last dot the game started to run...
| > Now it simply locks-up.
| >
| > Also, DSVideoConfig won't load up! I double click the exe file and nothing
| > happens. (On the task manager it shows up as taking 8mb of memory) but the
| > proccess won't load.
| >
| > What's going on with this game?
| > I also tried running "DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true - but that didn't do
| > the trick.
| >
| > My computer spec:
| > 3.1 mhz AMD
| > 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM
| > Geforce 6600
| >
| > running on WindowsXP SP2/
| >
| > Any help would be appreicieted!
September 6, 2005 3:57:57 PM

Xenocide wrote:
> Lately i've been dealing with some problems with this game.
> On the first week of play it went smoothly but all of the sudden it started
> to lock-up on the loading of the game (Black screen with white dots on the
> edge).
> Always when it reached the last dot the game started to run...
> Now it simply locks-up.
>
> Also, DSVideoConfig won't load up! I double click the exe file and nothing
> happens. (On the task manager it shows up as taking 8mb of memory) but the
> proccess won't load.
>
> What's going on with this game?
> I also tried running "DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true - but that didn't do
> the trick.
>
> My computer spec:
> 3.1 mhz AMD
> 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM
> Geforce 6600
>
> running on WindowsXP SP2/
>
> Any help would be appreicieted!
dont blaim me i only did beta testing!!!
April 2, 2015 5:41:29 AM

Anonymous said:

[...]

I had the same problem - 7 or 8 white dots on the black startup screen and then nothing.

In my case the problem seems to be related to the PREFS.GAS file being corrupt.

I was running DS2 through Steam and the local save & setup files where in C:\Users\<name>\Documents\my games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder.

I backed-up the files in this folder and deleted them (leaving the ..\Dungeon Siege 2 folder empty).

I obviously lost my characters & saves, but the game would now start.

Hope that works for you.