Sims3 acting funny

lemon67

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Hello, i am not very computer savvy so please be patient i recently installed the sims 3 on my new macbook pro at first it was working great but i have in the past few weeks encountered a series of what seem to be glitches my sims become frozen and i cannot switch over to a different sim also i am unable to change the active household it seems whenever i try playing with a new family these same problems occur and i know i have met all of the system requirements the game is up to date and i own all of the sims expansion packs...could it be some sort f virus? i have tried fiddling with the settings as well please help!

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The first thing I would try is re-setting all of the visual and game settings back to their defaults. I didn't even know you COULD change settings in the MAC version of the game. (Not hating, just learning).

If problems persist, re-install the game and go from there. If problems STILL persists, make sure that something isn't running while you're playing the sims. I don't know if that's a problem with macs, but you never know.