Problem with games not playing

Hi.
I am back
My details Again
System has:
Dual Pentium4 3.4 Processors
Radeon 9800 series graphics with latest catalyst drivers.
1gb Ram memory
TFT monitor
OS is Widows XP with SP2

I had a post on 7/26/2005 when my pc would not play:
MOH PA
Fifa football
Age Of Empires trial.
At the start of the games all is fine, the graphics and sound are almost
perfect.
Sometimes I play the games for only 5 min and other times for 30min or an
hour.
Then the games all three of them freeze or the pc restarts sometimes I get a
blue screen and once or twice I got an error message.

I have tried all the usual actions to make them play.

Disk clean
Error checking
Clean out temp files
delete file incl offline content
End start up programs that are not required
Disable: Anti virus,anti spyware, spam killer, auto updates and ruduced
privacy setting.

I have now also Included your excelent suggestions, as follows:

Opened case and left it open.
Dusted and cleaned all fans and components.( there was quite a bit of dust).

Installed Speedfan and it runs on my taskbar. ( there has been no heat
problem, and I have set the beep to occur at 70c).
The temps seem to be holding at a reasonable level
Even with speedfan and the cover off and the temps shown ok, the games wont
play.
Went to livewiredev.com for the motherbd monitor utility but it seems to
have been closed down.
I have tested my ram with the utility you suggested and all was ok.
My CPU cooler is a coolmaster fan and seems ok.

I have checked the system at the Microsoft web site and it is way above the
benchmark for playing the games.

I am in the procces of checking my power supply to see if that is the
problem, it is only 300w and you stated this may not be enough.
I will also tommorow replace the case cover and see what effect that has on
the temps.

I have also updated all the drivers on the system that required it by using
device manager, however can you tell me is that the best way to do this.
It is quite hard to find the correct drivers for some of the devices.

One other possibility that I have picked up on, My Operating System is OEM
and as I said I have installed the ATI catalyst control panel, at one time an
adviser with ATI said that the two were not compatible, can you advise please.

Sorry I have not been in contact earlier, I have been in Orlando for three
weeks for a holiday.
Please tell Dennis I will go into messenger and contact him, once we have
got the string up and running again
Hope you can still help
Thanks
--

Mike J

Mike:

I'm having what seem to be the same problems with MotoCrossMadness2 - the
only way I can be pretty sure to get it running is to reboot, reinstall it
and set everything up again. Then it will run until it crashes or I exit and
have to repeat the whole process over again.

I have fewer start-up problems with the game if I don't let it check the CD
but play straight from the HD. Nevertheless, it will still only last a short
while. When it does play it is better than ever on this new system (AMD64
3200+, Giga N-force 4Ultra, 2 gig DDR RAM, ATI X-700). It is installed on a
separate XP boot that has minimum stuff installed; on my main XP boot it has
just as much trouble, if not more, but plays much slower on the rare
occasions I can get it going.

MCM2 was previously on an AMD 1600+ system and it took a lot of effort to
get it up and working and never really ran as well as I think it should have
- low frame rates.

If you have any further input, I'd like to hear about it. Email [my last
name @exchangenet.net].

Frank
I wish I could help you out, I have been chasing this problem since I bought
the system in September 2004 and stil it wont run the games.

The system is from Tiny/Time and they are no longer with us. apart from the
problem with the games the system is as perfect as any PC can be.

Have you tried your game in safe mode, even that does not work for me.

Is there a list of things to do before you install or play the game, like,
clear temp files,disc clean up,error check, closing down anti virus, firewall
and auto updates.
If there is please post it perhaps it will help others.

You could try the things that I have tried as follows.
1. Go to http//NibblesNbitsVideo.tk It gives a whole lot of advice and
helpfull links.
2. Get a free utility, called: Everest. just type it into your search box,
it identifies all the parts hard and soft you have on your system, this will
help when you are looking to update drivers.

When you look at the website at no 1 take your time, be patient, that way
you will pick up a lot of information.
Never been so frustrated.

If you find a solution, please let me know, what it is.
Good luck

--
Mike J