Windows Messenger always started

I'd remove the windows messenger by uncheck it at Add or Remove Program
> Windows Component.

But it still started everytime I start windows.
I saw the files still reside in Program Files > Messenger.

The Windows Messenger is not started in a way that I can see it. No
icon or anything ... but when I open the Task Manager, I saw that
process (msmsgs.exe) in the process list.

Anyway to remove it?

Peter CCH

Stop Windows Messenger from Auto-Starting:

Disable the Contacts Pane. View | Layout.

If that does not do it, see:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/disabmes.htm

And, you can try this:

Go to Start>Run>Regedit>OK. Find and delete the
following Registry Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Run
\MSMSGS - {Delete}

Alternatively, for XP/SP2 only:

If you want to disable Windows Messenger completely, use the Manage Add-on
feature.
Open IE - Hold Alt - Tap T and A. Disable Windows Messenger. It can be
enabled in the future should you want to.

Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"Peter CCH" <petercch.wodoy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd remove the windows messenger by uncheck it at Add or Remove Program
>> Windows Component.
>
> But it still started everytime I start windows.
> I saw the files still reside in Program Files > Messenger.
>
> The Windows Messenger is not started in a way that I can see it. No
> icon or anything ... but when I open the Task Manager, I saw that
> process (msmsgs.exe) in the process list.
>
> Anyway to remove it?
>

> Peter CCH

Malke

Peter CCH wrote:

> I'd remove the windows messenger by uncheck it at Add or Remove
> Program
>> Windows Component.
>
> But it still started everytime I start windows.
> I saw the files still reside in Program Files > Messenger.
>
> The Windows Messenger is not started in a way that I can see it. No
> icon or anything ... but when I open the Task Manager, I saw that
> process (msmsgs.exe) in the process list.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_mess_disable.htm - Disable/Remove
Windows Messenger

Malke
--