Larger regional conventions

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2005 2:55:01 PM

I live in Kansas City. I have been planning to go to Historicon for
about 5 years now, it just seems like I never get around to it.

I am thinking of going to a con where I can do it in a day's drive. I
am particularly looking for a good selection of vendors.

How are Little Wars and Nashcon when it comes to dealers? Are there
any other cons within even a long days drive that have an interesting
turnout of dealers?

I realize that nothing will equal "the world's largest wargame store",
the Historicon dealers room. I am just looking for more than what
local cons can attract.

Mac

More about : larger regional conventions

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 2:55:02 PM

Little Wars has an excellent range of dealers. Last year Wargames with
Essex figures, Old Glory and Mirlton/Navigator at least were there. I
think Quartermaster with Falcon were also there, but my memory could be
wrong. Many other dealers were also there. The Last Square, a big
hobby shop from Madison Wisconsin who carry multiple lines including
Hallmark and Figurehead and Navwar ships were there. They have a
website which will give you an idea of what they are likely to bring.
This is all from memory. You may be able to get more info from the
HMGS Mid West website.

The dealer area was about the size of a basketball court. My guess was
it filled about half to 2/3 size of the Historicon dealer area.

Have never been to Nashcon.

One other plus to Little Wars is that there are a few good hobby shops
in the Chicago area which you can take in on your trip as you plan to
drive. Obviously I don't know the situation in Nashville.

LE
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 3:58:51 AM

Hey Mac,

Little Wars has a great dealer's area and the games are as good a quality as
you will find at Historicon or any other convention. Great hotel/resort and
good convention staff.

Bill
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:18:01 AM

i'll second little wars. Very good convention they are building there. Its
on my list of do not miss cons.

!