tubavet

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Have recently obtained an Epson DX8400 all in one printer and have ha dproblems tring to install it. I've installed and drivers before connnecting the printer and when connecting it get the welcome to found new hardware wizard to install software foe USB2.0MFP. When trying to install the software searches and then says "unable to install because the wizard cannot find the necessary sofware". I've been in contact with Epson who've said need the usbccgp.sys file but I have in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. I have tried pointing the installer to the system32 folder and also to the relevant one on my mesh disk in case the file was corrupted but to no avail. I have used the printer on another computer so know it's working ok and the problems seems to be with my windows but not sure how to solve it.

Thanks
Phillip

I have Windows XP 32bit

aleksandar78

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hello Philip. My suggestion to you is first to remove printer drivers from your PC and than reinstal Windows servis pack2, if this not solve your problem next step is format of windows and reinstal it again.

Regards...

tubavet

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Thanks Aleksander

Would you believe it after a week of trying everything I googled, I finally found the right search combination. Had to point the installer to :\windows,\system32\inf despite to drivers being in the drivers folder. All seems to be working now.

Phillip

vivi

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
hi there was wondering if you can help us at all.....
im having the same problem as you have had with the epson dx8400 printer... n not being able to install the driver for it..
ive got the hot fix from microsoft.....uninstalled every thing out of my registry,
and any where else i found epson files,
downloaded it off the epson site,
tried taking it straight off the cd,and all sorts
put the file in the inf folder in system 32 as well...
would you mind writing me through how you did it please would be a great help thanx in advance..
viv...