ACPI video crashes, please help

Kheldin

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
Recently i have been experienceing a crash and then instant reboot when ever i start to do any thing with graphics. For now i have only tested this with games. What is happening is i will get to start the game and play for any where from 5 up to 20 min then a blue error screen will flash (even though i have my system set not to reboot on a crash) it will instantly reboot. Screens that have stayed have pointed errors tward ntoskrnl.exe, IRQ faults, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, among others that flashed so quick i could not read what the error was. While i have read the IRQ9 thread and am prepaired to do this I was wondering if there is any thing that i can try before disableing ACPI. Already i have un-installed then re-installed my video drivers for my voodoo 3000 and have made shure i have win2k SP1 installed with all the critical updates provided on www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com I have been unable to find updated drivers for ACPI and would appriciate it if some one knows where thoes can be found.

If my only choice is to disable ACPI then i will but for now any help in resolving the issue w/o disableing it would be great.

Thanks
Kheldin

Kheldin

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
PLEASE some one help .... i need help and i need it bad .. i can't even reinstall atm ... i have not yet tried to disable ACPI but if no other options are presented then i will give that a try too as much as i don't want to.

G

Just suck it up, quit your whining, and update the drivers to standard PC like the rest of us have. I did it without having to reinstall Win2K