Audigy 2 ZS

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Is there something I should know about this board and Asus boards??? I have an P4c800-E Deluxe and can not get it to reconnise the sound card unless I put some thing in one of the other slots and even then I do not get any sound from my speakers. I am running Win XP Pro for a Os and I have tried both systems for plug and play BIOS & Win. Any suggestions???

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
hey folken
i looked at ur system
pretty cool
good work , do u really need all that cooling?
must be pretty quiet huh?

hear me now, believe me later, trust me in between
i`m a cop you idiot
i`ll be back

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I did it mainly bec I had all the stuff laying around and was bored, lol. It is an extremely quiet machine though, all I can hear is a little hum of the pump and the ocational raptor grinding :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
[I did it mainly bec I had all the stuff laying around and was bored, lol. It is an extremely quiet machine though, all I can hear is a little hum of the pump and the ocational raptor grinding :)]

yeah i thought of doing something like that maybe with tubing going through a minifridge or something only prob is i have no room in a small apartment. good job though

hear me now, believe me later, trust me in between
i`m a cop you idiot
i`ll be back

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
A few things that are coming to mind:
Check the sounds in the control panel to make sure the correct drivers are selected for everything.
Make sure you have the most updated driver avaliable.
Just leave the bios set to pnp os.
Do reset configuration data in the bios.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks I tryied that. no help !!! I think I know what is wrong just don't know how to correct it. I noticed when it boots it shows the card with an IRQ of 5 which the boards book calls for sound but in the device manager it shows a plug & play IRQ of 22 but the change box is greyed out in win XP so I can't change it to IRQ 5. Any sugetions??? Thank you for trying to help me.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
holy crazy cow! i just realized you had ALU in your loop!!!! either yoru system is gonan die soon, or you ahve all alu =D

<font color=red>One Lowe</font color=red>