How could i change all the local administrator password of..

Hello,
How could i change all the local administrator password of my XP/2000
computers ??
I have 200 computers with a local password that everybody know and i would
like to change it ...
How to automaticly do it ??

Thanks a lot ....

bye !
1 answer Last reply
More about change local administrator password

    Me wrote:

    > Hello,
    > How could i change all the local administrator password of my
    > XP/2000 computers ??
    > I have 200 computers with a local password that everybody know
    > and i would like to change it ...
    > How to automaticly do it ??
    Hi,

    If this are computers in an Active Directory domain:

    You could do it in a computer startup script (with a GPO) that runs
    as part of the boot up process (before the user logs in). It runs
    under the system context and has admin rights.

    To avoid users being able to read the script where the password is
    stored, grant read access only for the AD group "Domain Computers"
    to the script file.

    As long as the Administrator account name is "Administrator", this
    batch file will set the password on the account:

    '--------------------8<----------------------
    @echo off
    net.exe user administrator newpassword
    '--------------------8<----------------------

    As long as the Administrator account name is "Administrator", this
    VBScript will set the password on the account:

    '--------------------8<----------------------
    sNewPassword = "testpassword"
    Set oWshNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    sComputer = oWshNet.ComputerName

    On Error Resume Next
    Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & sComputer & "/Administrator,user")
    oUser.SetPassword sNewPassword
    oUser.SetInfo
    On Error Goto 0
    '--------------------8<----------------------

    If there is a chance that the name of the administrator is not
    "Administrator" (e.g. the account is renamed, or you have some
    non-English OS versions), you should use this version instead:

    '--------------------8<----------------------
    sNewPassword = "testpassword"

    Set oWshNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    sComputer = oWshNet.ComputerName
    sAdminName = GetAdministratorName

    On Error Resume Next
    Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & sComputer & "/" & sAdminName & ",user")
    oUser.SetPassword sNewPassword
    oUser.SetInfo
    On Error Goto 0

    Function GetAdministratorName()

    Dim sUserSID, oWshNetwork, oUserAccount

    Set oWshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    Set oUserAccounts = GetObject( _
    "winmgmts://" & oWshNetwork.ComputerName & "/root/cimv2") _
    .ExecQuery("Select Name, SID from Win32_UserAccount" _
    & " WHERE Domain = '" & oWshNetwork.ComputerName & "'")

    On Error Resume Next
    For Each oUserAccount In oUserAccounts
    If Left(oUserAccount.SID, 9) = "S-1-5-21-" And _
    Right(oUserAccount.SID, 4) = "-500" Then
    GetAdministratorName = oUserAccount.Name
    Exit For
    End if
    Next
    End Function