Lost use of 'special' keys

On my WinXP PC I have a Microsoft USB Inernet KB. I've suddenly lost
the use of the special keys, like 'Calculator', 'My Computer', etc. I
tried uninstalling it from Device Manager>Keyboards, but after reboot
and automatic reinstall that has made no difference.

I use Calculator a lot, so I'd like it back. More important, I'd like
to know what's going on!

Any ideas please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Did you install any "special" software that came on CD with the keyboard?

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> On my WinXP PC I have a Microsoft USB Inernet KB. I've suddenly lost
> the use of the special keys, like 'Calculator', 'My Computer', etc. I
> tried uninstalling it from Device Manager>Keyboards, but after reboot
> and automatic reinstall that has made no difference.
>
> I use Calculator a lot, so I'd like it back. More important, I'd like
> to know what's going on!
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> --
> Terry, West Sussex, UK