Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Moderator Validation

Last response: in Tom's Guide
May 5, 2011 7:01:56 PM

When I try to comment directly in the comments of a toms guide article, I've always received javascript errors and it just wouldn't work. So I resort to jumping in the forums to add a comment to a particular article. However, these posts always return that I need to wait for a moderator to validate them. This validation never happens, and I never post anything obscene or otherwise questionable. but the posts never seem to make it into the comments.

It doesn't appear that those who comment directly on articles (not in the forums) have their posts validated, as I see a ton of immature or inapropriate comments. So I must ask, is this just a function of the forum, and doesn't apply to the main comment sections of articles? Or is it just applying to me because of something I did?

Thanks.

More about : moderator validation

May 15, 2011 10:42:43 AM

I sometimes get the javascript void errors when going through the front page to an article - the front page has since been redesigned.

Can you check that you are logged in as hixbot and not guest when going in through the actual forums? That would explain why your getting the validation reply.

for information the current validation process does allow guests to post without moderator intervention, though all guest posts show up as "anonymous" on our alert panel and we do scrutinise these.

I hope this helps.
September 14, 2011 10:22:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!