greetings all,

I have xpPro with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
I have been trying to set up a pattern with some shortcut
desktop icons, but they seem to want to click to a destination
close by to where i place them.
I am picturing a pre-set grid of some sort that only allows them
in some sort of vertical or horizontal order, is there some way to
disable this function?
Win98 doesnt do it.
cheers

...Rex..

Rex wrote:
> greetings all,
>
> I have xpPro with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
> I have been trying to set up a pattern with some shortcut
> desktop icons, but they seem to want to click to a
> destination close by to where i place them.
> I am picturing a pre-set grid of some sort that only allows
> them in some sort of vertical or horizontal order, is there
> some way to disable this function?
> Win98 doesnt do it.
> cheers
>
> ..Rex..

Right click on your Desktop.
In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the line
that says "Arrange Icons by".
Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
Do the same for Auto Arrange.

Nepatsfan

Type grid in help.

"Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uphL4DGjFHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> greetings all,
>
> I have xpPro with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
> I have been trying to set up a pattern with some shortcut
> desktop icons, but they seem to want to click to a destination
> close by to where i place them.
> I am picturing a pre-set grid of some sort that only allows them
> in some sort of vertical or horizontal order, is there some way to
> disable this function?
> Win98 doesnt do it.
> cheers
>
> ..Rex..

> Right click on your Desktop.
> In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the line
> that says "Arrange Icons by".
> Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
> If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
> Do the same for Auto Arrange.
>
> Nepatsfan

That fixed it,
cheers.

...Rex..

Rex wrote:
>> Right click on your Desktop.
>> In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the
>> line that says "Arrange Icons by".
>> Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
>> If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
>> Do the same for Auto Arrange.
>>
>> Nepatsfan
>>

> That fixed it,
> cheers.
>
> ..Rex..

Thanks for letting us know.

Nepatsfan

So why aren't you thanking me. Seeing I answered you an hour before this wanker with his me too post.

"Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecjxdcMjFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

>> Right click on your Desktop.
>> In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the line
>> that says "Arrange Icons by".
>> Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
>> If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
>> Do the same for Auto Arrange.
>>
>> Nepatsfan
>>

> That fixed it,
> cheers.
>
> ..Rex..

What an honor! To be insulted by David Candy. I'm just
surprised that it took me so long to acheive this distinction.

FYI, you're post showed up on my news server after I posted my
response. Let's blame it on my ISP. It couldn't possibly be a
problem on your side of the planet.

Besides, why would I want to deprive you of the opportunity to
demean someone who didn't quite understand the genius behind
your often cryptic comments.

Nepatsfan

David Candy wrote:
> So why aren't you thanking me. Seeing I answered you an hour
> before this wanker with his me too post.
>

>>> Right click on your Desktop.
>>> In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the
>>> line that says "Arrange Icons by".
>>> Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
>>> If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
>>> Do the same for Auto Arrange.
>>>
>>> Nepatsfan
>>>

>> That fixed it,
>> cheers.
>>
>> ..Rex..

Don't copy my answers in future.

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message news:abWdnVspAKREI0DfRVn-1Q@comcast.com...
> Rex wrote:
>>> Right click on your Desktop.
>>> In the menu that pops up, move your mouse pointer over the
>>> line that says "Arrange Icons by".
>>> Is there a check mark next to Align to Grid?
>>> If so, left click on that line to remove the check mark.
>>> Do the same for Auto Arrange.
>>>
>>> Nepatsfan
>>>

>> That fixed it,
>> cheers.
>>
>> ..Rex..
>
> Thanks for letting us know.
>
> Nepatsfan

David,

You're answers are far too clever for me to ever copy. It would
only be a poor imitation.

Nepatsfan