Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Video format

Last response: in Tom's Guide
May 28, 2011 4:31:23 PM

which format should should i use to store the videos that are downloaded in flv format.i don't want to play them in flv format as this format (although it is excellent in quality) is not played without being stuck and is not smooth in playing. any suggestion???

More about : video format

May 29, 2011 4:15:21 AM

AVI would be the way I'd go.
May 29, 2011 9:59:55 AM

you mean avi xvid?

what is the common name for the h.264 codec.????
how can i convert into this format???
Related resources
June 4, 2011 5:47:33 PM

Hi Manin,

A quick search on wikipedia should give you the info on different formats. H.264 is also known as MPEG-4. This is the format that itunes and all Apple devices use, along with some others.

I have recently been using the program GOMEncoder (by the makers of GOM player) to convert all of my AVI format videos into H.264. It works well, and can optimize all 4 cores in my i5 to convert 4 videos simultaneously.

After doing so I can play them in iTunes and on my iPhone and Apple TV. It's $30 online for the software. Since they are a small Asian company I used Paypal to purchase mine for added safety.
June 5, 2011 4:57:29 AM

deadlockedworld said:
Hi Manin,

A quick search on wikipedia should give you the info on different formats. H.264 is also known as MPEG-4. This is the format that itunes and all Apple devices use, along with some others.

I have recently been using the program GOMEncoder (by the makers of GOM player) to convert all of my AVI format videos into H.264. It works well, and can optimize all 4 cores in my i5 to convert 4 videos simultaneously.

After doing so I can play them in iTunes and on my iPhone and Apple TV. It's $30 online for the software. Since they are a small Asian company I used Paypal to purchase mine for added safety.

ok. but conversion is not what i'm looking for.i mean i have problem with playback of flv files.
June 5, 2011 5:01:23 AM

no no no i don't want to waste my time in conversion.plz let me know why there is a problem in playing flv files in gom and vlc player??
September 14, 2011 10:13:00 AM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!