Capture the wave/radio

Dear all

I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I need
to record an important program.
I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
---
Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
Windows XP Pro SP2
---

Thanks in advanced.
Henry
2 answers Last reply
More about capture wave radio

    Audacity is free recorder application. Will you be using a stream
    through Windows Media Player or some external receiver ? If it's
    external, you'll have to take the headphone/line out to the Line in
    of your sound card. You'll have to open Volume Control, Toggle
    it's display to Recording and select the correct input, and do a test
    recording to adjust levels. If it's just a voice based stream, you
    can drive the levels to around -3.0 db with peaks to -1.0 db.

    Audacity download here:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all
    >
    > I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I
    > need to record an important program.
    > I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
    > ---
    > Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
    > Windows XP Pro SP2
    > ---
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.
    > Henry

    How to record streaming audio
    http://all-streaming-media.com/record-audio-stream/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "henpat" wrote:

    | Dear all
    |
    | I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I need
    | to record an important program.
    | I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
    | ---
    | Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
    | Windows XP Pro SP2
    | ---