Capture the wave/radio

Dear all

I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I need
to record an important program.
I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
---
Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
Windows XP Pro SP2
---

Thanks in advanced.
Henry

Audacity is free recorder application. Will you be using a stream
through Windows Media Player or some external receiver ? If it's
external, you'll have to take the headphone/line out to the Line in
of your sound card. You'll have to open Volume Control, Toggle
it's display to Recording and select the correct input, and do a test
recording to adjust levels. If it's just a voice based stream, you
can drive the levels to around -3.0 db with peaks to -1.0 db.

Audacity download here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

"henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all
>
> I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I
> need to record an important program.
> I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
> ---
> Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
> Windows XP Pro SP2
> ---
>
> Thanks in advanced.
> Henry

How to record streaming audio
http://all-streaming-media.com/record-audio-stream/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"henpat" wrote:

| Dear all
|
| I need to take/to capture the sound (wave, mp3 etc) from a Radio that I need
| to record an important program.
| I know that some tools help us to do it. Which tool do you advice?
| ---
| Is for personal reasons (not pirate) :)
| Windows XP Pro SP2
| ---