David

Hi,
I got a file in a folder that I can't delete.
When I try to do that always got the message that the file is in use.
I already restarted the pc but it keeps saying the same thing.
The file is not a system file, it's a normal user file.
Someone knows what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Go to this site and download file utilities and that will give you an option
to delete the file on the next reboot.

http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/

Rich

> Hi,
> I got a file in a folder that I can't delete.
> When I try to do that always got the message that the file is in use.
> I already restarted the pc but it keeps saying the same thing.
> The file is not a system file, it's a normal user file.
> Someone knows what might be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi, David.

That question gets asked a lot here. And answered.

Several possible problems and solutions.

One is that Windows Explorer itself is the program that is "using" the file.
Close the Explorer window, open a "DOS" window (Command Prompt) and use the
good ol' DOS Delete command: del <filename>

Or reboot into Safe Mode, delete the file, then reboot normally.

If that doesn't work, please post back and tell us, step by step, HOW you
tried to delete it (from Explorer? from "DOS"? some other way?) and -
verbatim if possible - what error messages or other responses you saw.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> Hi,
> I got a file in a folder that I can't delete.
> When I try to do that always got the message that the file is in use.
> I already restarted the pc but it keeps saying the same thing.
> The file is not a system file, it's a normal user file.
> Someone knows what might be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

See:
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.htm

--