"The Great Game" Colonial Rules

Has anyone used these? They're English and whilst they suffer from
some assumptions they're damn good and nicely laid out. Not the usual
standard of UK rules at all. Indeed they're also FREE.

Anyways I need some help with some of the "assumptions".

Pleezze

Donnie
4 answers Last reply
More about great game colonial rules
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    > Has anyone used these? They're English and whilst they suffer from
    > some assumptions they're damn good and nicely laid out. Not the usual
    > standard of UK rules at all. Indeed they're also FREE.

    Where did u get them?

    DM
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:05:09 +0000 (UTC), "DM"
    <david.manley@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >> Has anyone used these? They're English and whilst they suffer from
    >> some assumptions they're damn good and nicely laid out. Not the usual
    >> standard of UK rules at all. Indeed they're also FREE.
    >

    >Where did u get them?
    >
    >DM

    I got them here:-
    http://www.geocities.com/gobcommand/history/greatgame.htm
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    >>Where did u get them?
    >>
    >>DM
    >>
    > I got them here:-
    > http://www.geocities.com/gobcommand/history/greatgame.htm

    Many thanks!
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:38:20 +0000, Donnie <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone used these? They're English and whilst they suffer from
    >some assumptions they're damn good and nicely laid out. Not the usual
    >standard of UK rules at all. Indeed they're also FREE.
    >
    >Anyways I need some help with some of the "assumptions".
    >
    >Pleezze
    >
    >Donnie

    It turns out that the author of these rules is, to be charitable, an
    important man who is too busy to help me. I have however run across
    someone who knows the rules well and is prepared to help. So if anyone
    else has read them then drop me an e-mail and I should be able to fill
    in the gaps.

    There not a word of politics <vbg>

    Of course we should have kept the British Empire.

    D'oh !

Games Video Games