Error loading message

When booting up, an error message pops up everytime and I don't know what it
is, why, or if it is dangerous to infect my computer and lastly, what should
I do?
The message is:
Error Loading
P2Socks_1043DLL

Malke

Confused about an error message wrote:

> When booting up, an error message pops up everytime and I don't know
> what it is, why, or if it is dangerous to infect my computer and
> lastly, what should I do?
> The message is:
> Error Loading
> P2Socks_1043DLL

A Google search for "P2Socks_1043DLL" and for "P2Socks_1043.DLL" brings
up nothing. Do the normal malware scanning, using updated tools and
doing all scans in Safe Mode:

After you know your computer is 100% virus and malware-free, if the
problem still occurs do some clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

How's your high school French?
'WIN32:p2E-6 : virus trojan'
(http://www.sur-la-toile.com/viewTopic_4667_5_cheval-de-troie.html)
Seems like P2Socks and it's varients are Virus/Spyware related.
Suggests you go to Trend Micro 'Housecall'
(http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) and try an online scan.
If this cannot be cleaned using conventional means, you may have to
download a file called HiJack This; 'Merijn' (http://www.merijn.org/)
and post your results to the forums listed at his site for help.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman