Error loading message

When booting up, an error message pops up everytime and I don't know what it
is, why, or if it is dangerous to infect my computer and lastly, what should
I do?
The message is:
Error Loading
P2Socks_1043DLL
2 answers Last reply
More about error loading message

    Confused about an error message wrote:

    > When booting up, an error message pops up everytime and I don't know
    > what it is, why, or if it is dangerous to infect my computer and
    > lastly, what should I do?
    > The message is:
    > Error Loading
    > P2Socks_1043DLL

    A Google search for "P2Socks_1043DLL" and for "P2Socks_1043.DLL" brings
    up nothing. Do the normal malware scanning, using updated tools and
    doing all scans in Safe Mode:

    After you know your computer is 100% virus and malware-free, if the
    problem still occurs do some clean-boot troubleshooting:

    Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
    and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    How's your high school French?
    'WIN32:P2E-6 : virus trojan'
    (http://www.sur-la-toile.com/viewTopic_4667_5_cheval-de-troie.html)
    Seems like P2Socks and it's varients are Virus/Spyware related.
    Suggests you go to Trend Micro 'Housecall'
    (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) and try an online scan.
    If this cannot be cleaned using conventional means, you may have to
    download a file called HiJack This; 'Merijn' (http://www.merijn.org/)
    and post your results to the forums listed at his site for help.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Ex New Yorker

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP