Problem with AC3 Filter

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Hi,
I'm trying to increase the volume of the center and rear speakers in my Zalman 5.1 headphones. The problem I have with AC3 Filter is that I can't find where I set it to be the filter, not in BSPlayer or VLC.
When I click Properties of a file there is no Advanced tab where I'd choose AC3Filter as the filter, like it says <A HREF="http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/#usage" target="_new">here</A>.
Thank 4 replies.

<b>Behold, Mine anger and My fury shall be poured out upon this place upon man and upon beast and upon the trees of the field and upon the fruit of the land and it shall burn and shall not be quenched

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
That example is for Media Player Classic only. Each application may have its own filter preference setting. Most default to system default. :)

Unless you have another Direct Show AC3 filter installed you shouldn't have to worry as it will be the only AC3 decoder available.

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
OK, but the AC3 Filter settings, when I get to it through the control panel, doesn't reflect the sound being played and everything I do there has no effect. Or in other words, how do I open AC3 Filter through the app? (BSPlayer or VLC)

<b>Behold, Mine anger and My fury shall be poured out upon this place upon man and upon beast and upon the trees of the field and upon the fruit of the land and it shall burn and shall not be quenched

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
In BS Player its options, fileter, AC3 Filter.

You should also install GSpot 2.52 B01 and use it to check what formats are being used and codecs the system is using to render your files.

Its usually good to make sure the file actually has AC3 audio before troubleshooting AC3 Filter.

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
In BS Player its options, fileter, AC3 Filter.
Yeah, under audio, it's selected. But how do I open the setting window from there?

The file is definitely AC3 (5 channels by Virtualdub) and I can hear all channels, but the center and rear are too quite to hear background sound or even speech... and I guess I need to change those setting from the AC3Filter settings window...