I want my tray balloons

I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up balloon in
the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang. It showed the phone
number. I liked that. It no longer happens. Just the fax monitor without the
phone number appears. I installed a new caller id program and even though I
checked the option to show a tray balloon it also does not show.

I want my balloons!

Linda Jo wrote:
> I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up
> balloon in the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang. It
> showed the phone number. I liked that. It no longer happens. Just the
> fax monitor without the phone number appears. I installed a new
> caller id program and even though I checked the option to show a tray
> balloon it also does not show.
>
> I want my balloons!

Well thanks, I'm sure we'll all sleep better tonight knowing you want
your tray balloons.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Jerk!

Brian C wrote:

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:O7plbgHjFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Linda Jo wrote:
>>> I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up
>>> balloon in the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang.
>>> It showed the phone number. I liked that. It no longer happens.
>>> Just the fax monitor without the phone number appears. I installed
>>> a new caller id program and even though I checked the option to
>>> show a tray balloon it also does not show.
>>>
>>> I want my balloons!
>>
>> Well thanks, I'm sure we'll all sleep better tonight knowing you
>> want your tray balloons.
>>

> Jerk!

http://microscum.com/censored/200507191139/

I love this! MS or should I say MB pulls my playful and faceteous post
that points out that the OP didn't ask anything, but this guy calls me a
jerk, and MS/MB keeps it!

And people point out all the time that post are improperly formed, and
don't get pulled off of the server, including MVPs. MS/MB must just
hate the non-conformist way I pointed it out.

--

Linda Jo wrote:
> I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up
> balloon in the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang. It
> showed the phone number. I liked that. It no longer happens. Just the
> fax monitor without the phone number appears. I installed a new
> caller id program and even though I checked the option to show a tray
> balloon it also does not show.
>
> I want my balloons!

And your question is?

http://www.microscum.com/censored/200507191139/

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

You may try this registry tip,see if it helps:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Linda Jo wrote:

> I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up balloon in
> the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang. It showed the phone
> number. I liked that. It no longer happens. Just the fax monitor without the
> phone number appears. I installed a new caller id program and even though I
> checked the option to show a tray balloon it also does not show.
>
> I want my balloons!

Oops!missed to mention the link:-
http://www.theeldergeek.com/notification_area_balloon_tips.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Linda Jo wrote:

> I'm not talking about the "hover" balloons, I used to get a pop-up balloon in
> the tray from the fax monitor everytime the phone rang. It showed the phone
> number. I liked that. It no longer happens. Just the fax monitor without the
> phone number appears. I installed a new caller id program and even though I
> checked the option to show a tray balloon it also does not show.
>
> I want my balloons!

Thank you. Your regedit worked.
I thought I had already enabled balloon tips in the registry under
"TrayNotify".

Regards,
Linda Jo