Using zoombrowser ex with nikon photos

I have adjusted several jpeg files taken with a Nikon D90 in Canon's Zoombrowser. The resulting files are about half the size of the originals. Am I doing something stupid here?
3 answers Last reply
More about using zoombrowser nikon photos
  1. Half the size -- file size or picture size ?

If you are saving the results of changes made using the software you are often offered an option as to the jpg quality/file size type you want to save as -- at least that's what Photoshop does.
  2. The file size is half--a 5MB file becomes about 2.5MB. I even did an experiment of just saving a 'nikon taken' file in Zoombrowser with absolutely nothing done to it. And I got the same "half-ing". And to be more clear: I am only attempting to do basic color/brightness adjustments in Zoombrowser.
    Before this, I have only worked with images taken by several different canon cams. This file size decrease has not happened. To further test, I also adjusted a Nikon image in Corel--the file size was only slightly altered as would be expected. My Zoombrowser version is probably 3-4 years old.
  3. It may not matter so long as there's no visible difference in picture quality (try comparing by zooming in on two identical pictures of different file sizes)
Ask a new question

Read More

SLR Nikon Canon Cameras