Rough Edge Fonts After Service Pack 2 Installation

After the installation of Service Pack 2, my fonts look very rough or
inaccurate in their look. Does this have anything to do with Media Center?
Any help with getting back more crisp fonts would be appreciated. Thank You,
JAD
2 answers Last reply
More about rough edge fonts service pack installation

    JAD wrote:

    > After the installation of Service Pack 2, my fonts look very rough or
    > inaccurate in their look. Does this have anything to do with Media
    > Center? Any help with getting back more crisp fonts would be
    > appreciated. Thank You, JAD

    1. Update your video drivers. Get the drivers from the video device
    mftr.'s website, or the motherboard mftr.'s website if video is
    onboard, or the OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an
    OEM computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

    2. You might also want to make sure ClearType is enabled.
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/tuner/1.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    where are the fonts rough? the desktop, or inside an application like
    Word?

    If the desktop, I'd try resetting the desktop to the standard XP
    style/theme, just to make sure the "baseline" is clean. Then make any
    mods that you like:

    right-click desktop | properties | appearence tab | choose Windows XP
    Style, color: default (blue), font size: normal. click apply. then tweak
    those items as you like (silver or large fonts).

    If you click the "effects" button on that same page, you can turn on "font
    smoothing", and set it to either "standard" or "clear type". Clear Type
    is intended for LCD panels, and can be fine tuned; the best way to do
    this is to get the Clear Type Tuner Power Toy.

    get it, install it, look for it in Control Panel and run it. Some people
    w/o an LCD still like using Clear Type, even tho it is intended only for
    LCD users.

Media Center Microsoft Windows XP