Arthur

For Christmas, a friend gave me some Age of Sail ships of the line (in
1:2400 scale, the %$@#! sadist <g>), but I've never painted ships
before. Can anyone point me to good resources on not only how to paint
sailing ships, but what they should look like.

Thanks

--arthur

http://my.erinet.com/~bp/pt_napnv.html
http://www.navwar.freeserve.co.uk/napshipcolour.htm
http://www.rodlangton.com/napoleonic/frame.htm
Todd

"arthur" <aisb23@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For Christmas, a friend gave me some Age of Sail ships of the line (in
> 1:2400 scale, the %$@#! sadist <g>), but I've never painted ships
> before. Can anyone point me to good resources on not only how to paint
> sailing ships, but what they should look like.
>
> Thanks
>
> --arthur

>For Christmas, a friend gave me some Age of Sail ships of the line (in
>1:2400 scale, the %$@#! sadist <g>), but I've never painted ships
>before. Can anyone point me to good resources on not only how to paint
>sailing ships, but what they should look like.

Go to:
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~trochim/AOS/AOS.html
There is a guide about painting 1:1200 ships, but it should still be
useful for 1:2400 ships.
The site is still under construction, the the PDF file is available.

-Ray