Patriot Low Latency 2-3-2-5.

I'm not sure whether they are TCCD chips, but at cas2@ddr400 what overclocks can I hope to get?

THANK YOU PLEASE

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Model #? Is it PC4000? That stuff should be a big help with your OCing!

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I found a little info...i don't know if it will be useful for you or not. In the pdf it says what mhz with timings it was tested to( assuming i guessed the correct mem modules). It doesn't say what manufacture created it however (or at least i didn't notice that it did). It didn't have a lot of info, but considering how little is available on the web that i've been able to find...

<A HREF="http://www.pdpsys.com/products/PDC1024350032002700LLK.pdf " target="_new">http://www.pdpsys.com/products/PDC1024350032002700LLK.pdf </A>
and
<A HREF="http://www.pdpsys.com/products/index.jsp?source=dc" target="_new"> Index of Memory</A>

Current machines running F@H:
Athlons: [64 3500+][64 3000+][2500+][2000+][1.3x1][366]
Pentiums: [X 3.0][P4 2.4x5][P4 1.4]

It's not worth saying unless it takes a really long time to say!

well, I'm liking this. It's come already - that's like 1 day after I ordered! Amazing!

Also, my winRAR benchies are much better

At CPU 2.35GHz / Mem 195(Divider) I got 510Kbps - old RAM

With my new RAM

CPU @ 2.0Ghz / Mem 200 I get 525Kbps! - new RAM

yeah.

I can't seem to get 230/460 DDR @ 3-4-8-4 timings. :frown:

I might send back and just pay for the TCCD version?

real odd overclocking is going on here.

After messing around, I can get much better timings than I originally posted :lol:

I COULD boot with a divider @ 280FSB (DDR237~ / cas2.5) *8.5mult

But, I though, why not get rid of the divider and run a 1:1 237*10. But it wont boot.

Im now at 1.6VCore / 1.85RAM @ 2.35Ghz - Although, I'm sure i can run with less volts.

Should I aim for the highest FSB with a divider and low mult(I'm guessing I could get DDR500 @ cas3) or just leave as is?

2.6 - Although I'm running it at the board's max of 2.85 @ 2.5-3-5-2 DDR460

Current (and looking like max) overclocking settings are:

CPU @ 2.45Ghz
FSB @ 288Mhz
VCore @ 1.6

RAM on 5:4 Divider: @ 230Mhz/DDR460 (2.5-3-5-2)
RAM V @ 2.85

Mult 8.5
HT @ 723
HT Mult x3

Won't boot any higher - and is prime95 stable (well, torture test passed 20 tests, then I cancelled (bored :lol: ))

Wierd problems:

CPU Voltage reports:
Nvidia nTune = 1.500
MBM5 = 1.38
Hardware Monitor = 1.41
MSI CoreCenter = 1.41

BIOS = 1.60

So, any ideas why voltage reports are all over the shop. It's definatly not the PSU.

What are the timings like for that speed RAM (DDR460 @ cas2.5) - Good? Average? Bad?

Anyideas why the PC refuses to boot @ any higher FSB, but is prime stable-ish...I mean usualy, as you reach the limit at which the PC will boot, you have to back down somewhat to get torture test stable.

Well, I'm much happier, as when I first got this CPU, it was refusing to operate stable @ 2.3Ghz.

2.5Ghz was my aim, so Im not too annoyed with 2.45.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
There could be a couple of things going on with the crazy voltage readings. One could be that the sensor on the board is just screwy. I think that this is much more common than people realize. It seems like there is at least one reading that is reported differently in every monitoring program on every board that I have owned. The other thing that I have noticed is that when a system is pushed really hard at some point the readings can go haywire. My 3.0E setup for some reason will report crazy readings for the voltages, temps, etc... when it reaches an OC of 3.45 but after its bumped up to 3.5 it starts reporting correctly again. Try Everest and just see what it tells you. This link will give you almost any software tool you need.
<A HREF="http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/b_e.html" target="_new">http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/b_e.html</A>

I dont know about the RAM, the timmings sound a little high to me. Not sure though.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Fredi is going to lock you up with Eden.

Intel P4 550(3.4)@<font color=green>5Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@<font color=red>DDR2 800<font color=red> Owned!
TT 680W PSU