Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Slooooow Acer laptop has virus and ?

Last response: in Tom's Guide
July 18, 2011 8:45:08 PM

Hello, Office depot checked(?) my laptop and found problems with viruses. I have Kapersky, defender, superantispyware and malwarebytes anti-mal. I was told to buy the kapersky internet security prog. In addition, I was given a list of things that I should do to protect my computer/ My questions are: Why do I need another av program? and how can I deepscan or whatever to rid the computer of existing viruses.
July 30, 2011 10:49:04 AM

You should only have one Anti-Virus program. You may also keep malware bytes. Don't use more than one Anti-virus programs as they can only cause conflicts and lead to unaccurate results.
July 30, 2011 1:42:47 PM

Yes ... first uninstall all of the AV and AS programs that you do not intend to use as they all install resident shields in memory ... slwoing your PC and potentially causing conflicts with each other.

I use two free programs here and like the Grisoft AVG program for my PC here, and the kids have AVAST on theirs.

Both are free downloads ... free ...

Take everything off ... download a new AV ... update it ... off you go.

Mind you, If I was running a business PC I would use Nortons ... and pay for it. Nortons uses a lot of system resources slowing down your PC in the process ... so It isn't good on a gaming box ... which mine are.

Hope this helps.

Related resources
August 2, 2011 5:25:22 AM

I was told to buy the kapersky internet security prog. In addition, I was given a list of things that
August 2, 2011 10:54:11 AM

Quote:
I was told to buy the kapersky internet security prog. In addition, I was given a list of things that

that.....? And ?
August 2, 2011 1:07:56 PM

Gman we had a few forum posting problems today with some users.

This might be one of them so we should wait for the OP to post his reply.

:) 
August 2, 2011 1:35:08 PM

That explains it.
August 4, 2011 6:47:43 AM

Hi,
I am new to this forum community. Hope I will learn new things from this. For your problem you should be needed to remove all antivirus programs and install only one so your computer will perform better. Only one good antivirus program is enough to provide security to your system.
September 14, 2011 10:18:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!