JVSF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Hi :)

I wondered what is the best and most reliable computer brand that makes high performance computers? (Dell, HP, etc.)

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I'm partial to dell.

If I were going to buy a high end computer for myself ( instead of build one ! ) i'd go w\ a Dell precision or dell XPS. You can get a top of the line precision system that will blow away a mac at savings of probably $1500 for similar specs.

I've had a ton of dells and have only had one or two problems and not very often.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Please define high performance. High performance for gaming is quite different than 3D modeling.

High performance gaming is more dependent on having a good CPU and a whopping GPU - or multiple whopping GPS - and it is determined more by those components than the computer manufacturer - as long as it is one of the reliable manufacturers.

For 3D modeling the sky is the limit and you can get into professional workstations costing over $10,000 - and you can then get into server farms costing much more. The performance is much more dependent on the CPU but they also have specialized graphics cards costing thousands of dollars. How much do you want to spend and how fast do you want to be?

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Since you did not answer my earlier question about price range, I will assume you are seeking basic pc systems. Dell has consistently received the highest ratings in customer satisfaction for systems.

Performance will depend more on your component selections and software.