Sign in with
Your question

What phone should I get?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
December 17, 2011 3:36:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a new phone and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I want something thats strong enough to play video files smoothly, listen to music and decently browse the Internet and cost under 300$ (CAD). I don't care much about social networking or taking pictures with it, I mainly just want something that can play a movie with out any lag or delay. What do you recommend?

oh, and a large screen would be nice too :) 

cheers

More about : phone

December 17, 2011 3:10:47 PM

galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus both amazing
m
l
December 18, 2011 3:22:28 AM

I fully agree with flips!
Both these models rockkkk!!!!
m
l
Related resources
a b Ë Android
December 19, 2011 8:19:43 AM

Yep,if you want Android,go with S2/Nexus
If you like WP7(much smoother than Android),go with HTC Titan/Samsung Focus S
m
l
a b Ë Android
December 19, 2011 11:18:58 AM

i've heard great things about the s2 but the resolution isnt as great as the nexus. i was thinking about the nexus myself but its a little lackluster considering what it could have been. i'm waiting for the soon-to-be-mentioned new line of android 4.0 phones coming in the next few months.

if you're okay with their shortcomings then yes the s2 or nexus are great choice.
m
l
December 19, 2011 8:55:50 PM

Quote:
galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus both amazing

thanks for replying everyone, its a great phone but I can't find one non contract at less than 500$...

I'm looking for one at 300$ tops. Samsung Galaxy Smart looks interesting (I don't really care about design or OS version) because apparently it can play video pretty nicely, not sure though.

thanks

m
l
a b Ë Android
December 20, 2011 6:32:29 PM

finding a brand new no-contract phone for less than $500? doubtful. the only reason you can get a phone for a decent price is because they factor the phones cost into the plans they offer. perhaps once refurbished models start coming out you might get lucky...or when prices drop in general.
m
l
!