printer skipping lines

My canon c755 skips a block of lines on the first page of everything i try to
print. like lines 12-25??? I have installed all the updates from Windows xp
and canon??

Assuming that the printer did operate OK before this problem: If you installed an updated
driver from the Windows Update site, that might have caused this. Third party drivers
downloaded from the Windows Update site have been known to be problematic. Do not update
drivers from the Windows Update site. Do not update third party hardware drivers period,
unless you are having a problem. Why should you update a printer driver if the printer is
operating correctly? That is only asking for trouble. If you originally installed your
Canon software and drivers from the CD that came with your printer: Go to Control
Panel/Add or Remove Programs, and Remove all of the Canon software (if any). Then go to
Control Panel/Printers and Faxes, and right click and left click on Delete for the Printer
in question. Then Reinstall the printer using the original CD it came with as directed.
If you no longer have that CD, then go to the Canon web site, and download and install the
drivers/software for your printer as directed there.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"irish" <irish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My canon c755 skips a block of lines on the first page of everything i try to
> print. like lines 12-25??? I have installed all the updates from Windows xp
> and canon??

Welcome to Canon Support!
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=238&modelid=8003

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"irish" wrote:

| My canon c755 skips a block of lines on the first page of everything i try to
| print. like lines 12-25??? I have installed all the updates from Windows xp
| and canon??

TRENDING THREADS