Sign in with
Your question

Computer will not wake up???

Last response: in Storage
March 1, 2005 5:19:07 AM

I have a dell 8200. running win XP Pro and it went on standby but now it wont wake up. The power button is blinking and the mobo light is on but hitting keys on the keyboard or moving the mouse wont do.

I tried holding the power button to turn it off and when i press it to turn it on, the fans turn on then off right away and the power button still flashes.

Computer was working fine untill today and was like that when i came home from work. Not sure if this is the right forum but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

More about : computer wake

March 1, 2005 10:06:11 PM

Looks like something is broken. Could be just about anything.

Did you smell anything funny like burning electrical stuff?
Maybe your power supply went?

You're going to have to borrow stuff or test your components in another computer.

The loving are the daring!
March 2, 2005 12:11:59 AM

Have you killed power completely to it (unplug it), let it sit for a while, and then turn it on again?
Is it still under warranty to call dell? There should be 4 little lights on the back of the computer that give an error code. I'm not sure what the codes are but dell does, hopefully :) 

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
Related resources
March 2, 2005 3:58:49 AM

I tried that and there are no lights on in the back that i can see.
No more warranty. It's 3 1/2 years old and i voided the warranty as soon as i put in a new vid card and sound card and HD and CD ROM.
Its my 2nd rig which i mainly use for watching tv anyway.

Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated.

March 2, 2005 4:04:52 AM

I was worried that something could have taken a crap. Didnt want to think about it though.
I didnt smell anything burning but i do know the power went on and off a few times to the house.
When i can i'll try and switch things around. Bummer this is.

Thank you for your reply it is greatly appreciated.
TOMS Hardware RAWKS

!