I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
to go into IE 6.
How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
Thank you

brianb

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

Copy the favorites from your floppy into C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Favorites or
C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Favorites
Assuming C:\ is your root drive

"blarney@optonline.net" wrote:

> I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
> favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
> to go into IE 6.
> How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
> Thank you

Gordon

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
> favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
> to go into IE 6.
> How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
> Thank you

next time, don't copy them - in IE export them. then just reverse the
process to get them back.

HTH

Copy all the files in the floppy to this folder "C:\Documents and
Settings\USER\Favourites\"
Where USER is the name of your account.