Favorites

July 19, 2005 7:17:02 PM

I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
to go into IE 6.
How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
Thank you

More about : favorites

July 19, 2005 7:17:03 PM

Copy the favorites from your floppy into C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Favorites or
C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Favorites
Assuming C:\ is your root drive

"blarney@optonline.net" wrote:

> I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
> favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
> to go into IE 6.
> How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
> Thank you

July 20, 2005 1:27:33 AM

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I just had XP sp2 reinstalled on my computer. I copied all my
> favorites to a floppy. I tried to reinstall them but they don't seem
> to go into IE 6.
> How can I get them back into the explorer under the favorites heading?
> Thank you

next time, don't copy them - in IE export them. then just reverse the
process to get them back.

HTH
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:27:48 AM

Copy all the files in the floppy to this folder "C:\Documents and
Settings\USER\Favourites\"
Where USER is the name of your account.

!