Sony Handycam on Windows XP Pro SP2

a b \ Driver
July 19, 2005 4:38:58 PM

I am trying to install drivers for a Sony Handycam on my Windows XP Pro
SP2 system and keep getting the following error when the USB Audio
driver is trying to load: "A service installation section of this INF
is invalid."

Have downloaded the latest drivers from Sony's website but still gives
error.

Tried on my notebook and it installed fine, but will not install on
desktop....

Any help appreciated.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 19, 2005 5:05:02 PM

How old is the computer? Tell me about all your hardware and maybe can find
out the source of the problem.

mydogisalab

"Go unto the world and Preach the gospel to all creation"

"chrisd1972@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am trying to install drivers for a Sony Handycam on my Windows XP Pro
> SP2 system and keep getting the following error when the USB Audio
> driver is trying to load: "A service installation section of this INF
> is invalid."
>
> Have downloaded the latest drivers from Sony's website but still gives
> error.
>
> Tried on my notebook and it installed fine, but will not install on
> desktop....
>
> Any help appreciated.

July 20, 2005 3:55:55 AM

Fairly new, P4 2.8 GHz on an Intel Board with integrated USB.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 10:52:01 AM

Does your camera support USB (Universal Serial Bus). Does your computer have
a port for USB. If it does, Then you may not need to install the driver. Try
it. Tell me how this works.

!