Webcam for a Board Room Adivce Please.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgcn

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I'm in a medium sized company and we just started subscribing to Webex as a web conferencing solution. Our setup is such that we'll be hosting meetings where our senior staff will all be sitting around a board room table and multiple attendees from around the country will be watching/listening/commenting using Webex.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around exactly what kind of hardware would best serve us in this setup. I've seen everything from small Logitech clip on cams for $200 to Sony HD Wall mount ones for 5 grand.

I want a high quality camera that will capture everyone at the board table with clarity....but I have no clue which one will do the job???

Portability is a concern as we have multiple board rooms and setups....and might even be using this for just 1 on 1 web conferences.

However we have a hefty budget so multiple cameras is also an option.

The board rooms are probably at max 30x15 feet...and anywhere form 5-15 people could be in attendance and need to be captured by the camera at any given time.

I looked at microsoft roundtable.....but I think that camera device only works with live meeting.

Anyways...i'm pretty lost as you can see, so ANY and ALL advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You,

-Josh Wakefield

hgcn

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
The problem is that's like 4 grand or something and I'd only be using the camera feature when it can do so much more. I'm also unsure if it is compatible as JUST a webcam...like can webex utilize that 360 view it can give....

Any other ideas?

hgcn

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Bump

Still have this problem a year later.....we've been using laptops with USB cameras. But we really want to start using a static camera in our board rooms...and I can't find one that does the job....

It seems there are like >200 ones from Logitech and then like $2000+ ones from Sony. Isn't there something inbetween?

-J

JBarnes59

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hello, I have been struggling with a similar problem, while I have not resolved my issue I can tell you that the Sony EVI D70 would work for your situation. It is a ptz cam with super high quality. It can also be manged during the meeting. zooming in on the speaker, etc.

good luck

salvatorenestor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Josh,

What I have found to be the best solution for quality video is to a MiniDV as the camera you get much better video quality and you have the added benefits of the Zoom and Wide Angle functionality of the camera. Low end MiniDVs are around $250 US and if you have the budget I would recommend using a table/floor tripod for ease of use.

BTW, Microsofts product is supported in their Live Meeting product only.

Status
Not open for further replies.